Talk

Advanced search

Where to give birth in West Mids...

(3 Posts)
PerrieGrey Sat 03-Mar-18 18:23:44

Just got my BFP (only 3+6) but am thinking about going to visit a few birthing centres. I know it's early but if it calms my nerves I'd rather have a look sooner rather than later smile

I'm looking at Samuel Johnson in Lichfield as I would like (if possible) to not have medical interventions.

Has anyone given birth in West Mids? And if so, where would/wouldn't you advise?

Thanks all in advance. One super nervous, super excited mummy to be!

OP’s posts: |
MustBeThursday Sat 03-Mar-18 18:58:00

I had DD2 last August and I'm guessing am in your general area as Samuel Johnson was the one the community midwives were pushing.

I declined to use Samuel Johnson as I was worried about if there was a problem as it would mean a 30 min ambulance transfer to Burton - my first was a 3rd degree tear and I was worried it'd happen again. I booked at Good Hope Hospital instead as I've heard good things about it, but baby turned breech at 36 weeks and all elective c-sections under Heart of England take place at Heartlands now so I had to go there. They still do emergency sections at GH though.

Mummyh2016 Mon 05-Mar-18 02:13:50

One of my friends gave birth at Lichfield in the summer, no issues and she loved it. I had my DD at New Cross as I wanted a birthing centre but also the hospital near in case of any issues. At NX they’re on the same site. I didn’t need the hospital side.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in