Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy vs early labour signs

(9 Posts)
user1492365675 Tue 13-Feb-18 19:26:53

I'm 36 weeks pregnant with my second baby and have had period-style cramps, loose stools (sorry TMI!) and lower back pain today. There are no other signs so I don't think I'm in labour. My first baby was four days overdue but I don't remember feeling 'pre-menstrual' like this.

Just wondering has anyone else experienced these signs at around 36 weeks? Was it just general late pregnancy symptoms or was labour around the corner?

Thanks!

Potteryprincess30 Sat 17-Feb-18 17:38:12

@user1492365675 i'm 37 and a half weeks and getting exactly the same all day today. Seem to remember with my last that I had these symptoms a few weeks before i naturally went into labour (was a week early)

So hopeful we both have a couple more weeks left!

Have you had the baby moving much? mine nearly never moves during the day and have been very active

chiruri Sat 17-Feb-18 18:25:00

37+1 and been feeling like that for about a week now. Midwife thinks I’m going to go early because baby’s head is well down and I’m measuring big. Can’t remember feeling like this last time, and I went at 39+5 after 2x sweeps.

Potteryprincess30 Sat 17-Feb-18 19:47:43

@chiruri hay are you due on March the 9th? I'm the 7th, think we both may have the babies early from the sounds of it. My midwife thinks about a week though like my last one

chiruri Sat 17-Feb-18 20:00:08

@Potteryprincess30 yes, the 9th! I’m booked in for sweeps from the 28th, but there’s a chance I’ll go before. Baby’s been super active today, too! DH has a job interview next Tuesday so he’s told me I’m not allowed to go before then confused

Potteryprincess30 Sat 17-Feb-18 20:09:05

@chiruri it's amazing when there's someone conceived/is due basically the same time as you isn't it? I cant get my head around all these March babies. My midwife is due on the same day as me, I mean what are the chances! She's gone on maternity leave now though abandoning me grin

We seem to be in the same groove that's for sure, My partner has a landscaping project that finishes the end of this week so he wants me to hang on in there for a little bit longer. Personally I'm happy whenever now im over 37 weeks, bring it!

I started up a March baby thread in January when I went on my sabbatical from my MSc, the limbo and boredom got the better of me but I'm so glad I started it up again. We've had two babies born so far and having the cyber support is pretty cool.

All the best to you and I'll post the link under smile

Potteryprincess30 Sat 17-Feb-18 20:10:07

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/3134393-March-2018-babies-due-How-is-everyone

chiruri Sat 17-Feb-18 20:12:12

@Potteryprincess30 that’s be great, happy to join in. I feel the same way about any time after 37 weeks (my midwife even suggested starting all the usual things to try and get it going). I’m just happy to be enjoying mat leave at the moment, though.

Potteryprincess30 Sat 17-Feb-18 20:15:33

@chiruri this is true, I could definitely do with another week to potter about, clean and generally wallow on my side with chocolate now its so close smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: