Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

33 weeks + 6 days could this be labour starting signs?

(7 Posts)
amyelizabethxx Thu 08-Feb-18 14:50:26

Over the last few days I've been having some symptoms which sound very similar to signs of labour approaching, but then they could just be pregnancy symptoms, so they go as follows
- low back ache, pretty constant
- low period like pains, on and off
- loose stools over the last few days
- a burst of diarrhoea this morning accompanied with major stomach pains
- dropped bump ( other people have noticed)
- feeling really heavy and low, feel like I have to hold my bump up when walking
- strong BH not regular but definitely every couple of hours
- pressure low down
- constant loo trips, every hour
- majoring nesting, woke up super early even though had back ache and cramps, cleaned the whole house, just couldn't stop cleaning (which is very unlike me, I detest cleaning haha)
- more discharge, white colour, thick (sorry tmi)
- baby movement feeling like it is in my vagina area, very weird feeling
- a little bit of nausea
- just a weird feeling that I am going to give birth soon
I don't whether I am having contractions as I don't really know what they feel like or what to expect tbh,
Has anyone experienced this at 34 weeks? I have my midwife appointment in 5 days, and I don't feel like I'm in labour right now, but I feel like it is close, but I just don't know, so any advice would be great, thanks smile

slippermaiden Thu 08-Feb-18 18:01:18

That sounds like early labour to me. I didn't have early labour but I'm a nurse. If things continue tonight could you call your midwife for advise?

amyelizabethxx Thu 08-Feb-18 18:55:07

I'm still getting back pain and period like pains, my midwife hasn't given me her number, so I will see how I go and phone the maternity ward if no change, thanks

NewSingleMummy Thu 08-Feb-18 18:57:09

Call your maternity unit- they may just say keep an eye on it or monitor you for a while.

Have. You had any blood in discharge?

amyelizabethxx Thu 08-Feb-18 20:32:48

No I haven't, I keep checking every time I go to the toilet, I'm going to sleep on it tonight and if it's still the same in the morning I will phone my maternity unit an ask for advice

amyelizabethxx Fri 09-Feb-18 06:34:56

Phoned the maternity ward this morning, as was up til 2-45 with pain and restlessness, explained my symptoms, she said that I may just have a sickness bug as they wouldn't really associate diarrhoea with labour, but I thought that was a big sign? So been told to stay home, and wear a lad to see if any leakage, as I have been going to the loo every 5 minutes, not having to make an effort to push any urine out, it just flows out and had a 'leak' of some sort of fluid last night, didn't smell like wee, but anyway I'll sit it out and see, thanks for the advice

NewSingleMummy Fri 09-Feb-18 22:38:59

If it smells sweet you should definitely call them back.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: