Talk

Advanced search

Timing contractions with Alexa - Baby Go Time!

(4 Posts)
LizWeston Sat 13-Jan-18 15:46:43

Hi,

My husband has created a skill for Alexa that will let me time my contractions using voice commands on our Amazon Echo, Echo Dot and Echo Show devices. So, when my contractions start I say 'Alexa - ask Baby Go Time to start a timer' and when it stops I say 'Alexa, ask Baby Go Time to stop the timer'. When another contractions starts it will tell me how far apart my contractions are. I have to admit it's pretty cool so I thought I'd share it. It's called Baby Go Time and you can enable it on the Alexa companion app.

Enjoy and good luck!

Liz

MrsPicklesonSmythe Sat 13-Jan-18 22:10:41

That’s a lovely idea but when the time comes those commands will be too long and irritating. You can’t continue the Alexa timings once you leave for hospital too so you’ll have to switch to another method.
Just write them down. Seriously old fashioned pen and paper or something as simple.

Very cool that he’s created an app though.

Callamia Sat 13-Jan-18 22:19:29

That’s a lot to say when you’re in some pain. I couldn’t even manage the automated telephone system at the hospital without swearing at it .

There’s some pretty good apps that do just the same job, and only require you jab a button.

LizWeston Sun 14-Jan-18 08:13:21

Thanks for the feedback. I'll ask him if the commands can be shortened. He did warn me that swearing at it is not allowed - as if I would :-)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: