Talk

Advanced search

QEH Woolwich or Derent Valley Dartford

(6 Posts)
Wazabi Mon 04-Dec-17 14:38:37

Hello, I've just found out I'm pregnant, im not sure how far gone and feeling a little stunned, I'm in my 40s so want to get checked ASAP ad it's my first pregnancy.

I went to see my GP who said I need to register with my local hospital, i have been offered QEH Woolwich or Derent Valley Dartford.

Dartford seems to have better reviews, but Woolwich is more convenient, has anyone had experience at either hospital?

Thanks!

OneForTheRoadThen Mon 04-Dec-17 21:09:38

I gave birth at QE for my first and am booked in again for this one. I found it fine. It was busy and the staff were occasionally hurried but I think you get that everywhere nowadays.

Tbh I didn't check out reviews of any of the local hospitals, I just picked QE as it was nearer.

Mummy96 Thu 07-Dec-17 12:59:05

I haven't had any experience at Woolwich hospital but have giving birth twice at darent valley, my first birth was horrible & the midwifes were really nice, anyone above the midwifes like surgeons, the people that don't the pain relief & everyone like that was extremely rude, I remember a man in theatre that said 'he could slap me' because i was in loads of pain as baby was back to back, seriously considering going to a different hospital this time x

Wazabi Thu 07-Dec-17 14:06:49

Thanks Ladies, it feels like such a big choice to make at this early stage! hmm

OneForTheRoadThen Thu 07-Dec-17 17:39:55

I don't think it is really- all antenatal care for both hospitals is done at Queen Mary in Sidcup so you'll hardly be at your birth hospital at all.

bathandpjs Fri 08-Dec-17 13:00:05

Darenth has a more homely feel to it. QEH is very clinical.

That being said, no one i know who has given birth at QEH has said anything especially bad about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now