Advanced search

Right hip/back pain potential labour

(6 Posts)
Mustang27 Mon 04-Dec-17 12:32:47

Ok so I'm 38 +1 iv been getting contractions since about 10 which have now increased to between 6-8 an hour. I'm coping but I have really bad period pains in my lower back, pressure when I walk and top of my legs feel exhausted heavy. The pain is mostly in my right hip it's definitely a pressure pain that comes in waves. It's all pretty bearable was just wondering if it sounded familiar to anybody else's labour that progressed or I'm a expecting this just to be a pre labour body taunting me.

Iv changed positions gone for a walk had a shower none of this has slowed or stopped them but I'm still not convinced it's time.

Kit1411 Mon 04-Dec-17 12:42:52

Hi, could be contractions and imminently labour, have you felt unwell eg diarrhoea or feeling sick? I had that the night before I went into labour then had what I thought was Brixton hicks frequently then my water broke in the evening. Sorry I’m no more help, good luck

Mustang27 Mon 04-Dec-17 13:58:59

Still coming regularly and getting a bit longer.

Over the last week or so yeah but that's not uncommon for me as I have ibs and I'm still suffering from Hg.

You just see so many false starts It's a 30 min drive to hospital dont want to do that then find out this is how it's going to be for next couple of days.

Sunshinesaz86 Mon 04-Dec-17 14:40:42

I remember having contractions for 12 hours very regular but they weren't getting stronger so just carried on as normal they eased off that night so could sleep.

The following day they started again very regular however they were getting noticibly stronger where I got my tens out then finally said yes this is it its hospital time. My wasters broke straight after examination.

How painful are they? Are they getting stronger? I'd suggest paracetamol and carry on at home as long as you are able too. But once they start getting a bit much definitely head to hospital.

Good luck x x

Mustang27 Mon 04-Dec-17 15:18:17

They are increasing and in pain/pressure I'm feeling very calm though.

Sunshinesaz86 Mon 04-Dec-17 16:48:31

That's good, sounds like you'll soon be meeting your baby! Have u spoke to the hospital yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now