Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Any positive back to back stories?

(14 Posts)
Aliceinchunderland Fri 01-Dec-17 21:46:19

Had my second sweep today and the midwife thinks the baby has gone back to back. She’s told me to get on the birthing ball, avoid the sofa and spend as much time on my hands and knees as possible.
I made the mistake of googling back to back birth stories and now I’m terrified. I’m booked for induction on Thursday, I had my heart set on an active labour with no monitoring and now I feel like it’s not gonna happen. Has anyone got a positive back to back story? Anyone induced with a back to back baby?

Santasbigredbobblehat Fri 01-Dec-17 21:49:43

I was induced, but I had an epidural. Both of mine were back to back, first one was painful, second one fine with the epidural.

PizzaPizzaPizza Fri 01-Dec-17 21:50:06

Not induced but I’ve had 2 back to back babies (1st and 3rd), both were born easily and without any intervention. Their birth’s were no more painful than baby no2 who wasn’t back to back.

You will be fine OP, remember people tend to post about negative stories online because they’re more ‘interesting’ than the straightforward ones.

Good luck!

Santasbigredbobblehat Fri 01-Dec-17 21:50:48

Don’t google birth stories! Baby might move again and if the pain gets too bad during labour get on the pain relief.

Bonelessbanquet Fri 01-Dec-17 21:51:39

DD was back to back, didn’t realise I was labour as didn’t get contractions just a bad back ache. Luckily waters had broken and I’d gone to make sure they were clear else I’d not have known I was in labour. Had gas and air and meptid.

lurkingnotlurking Fri 01-Dec-17 21:52:01

My second baby switched to back to back during labour. He was born the right way around. I was not continually monitored - he was born in a birth centre - and honestly it was fine. It was one of my good births. Yeah that extra pressure around back isn't exactly a treat, but it wasn't a problem. Make sure you have a Tens machine to take the edge off. Good luck.

WTAFisthisshit Fri 01-Dec-17 21:53:58

I've delivered all of mine back to back, some of them were inductions including one I was mobile throughout and delivered standing up. I can't tell you what it likes compared to not back to back as mine have all been like that no matter what I did with a birthing ball. Good Luck for Thursday.

daisydalrymple Fri 01-Dec-17 21:57:02

All 3 of mine were back to back. Ds1 was the trickiest, but dd was 9lb 9oz and was a fairly easy labour. Ds2 was just over an hour labour and easiest of all. I had gas & air. Both boys were born looking up, dd turned on the way out.

Tfoot75 Fri 01-Dec-17 22:04:52

My first was (didn’t know til she was born), water birth in an mlu, 12 hours start to finish and about 3 active labour - extremely painful compared to my second non back to back but totally doable with only gas and air / water

PurplePotatoes Fri 01-Dec-17 22:07:59

DS was back to back 9lb 1.5 . All the contractions were in my back which I actually found more bearable than normal contractions with DD. I laboured at home until fully dilated, only just made it to hospital. Had gas n air and very quick delivery. He did turn at the end so was born right way up but it was a good labour.

otherdoor Fri 01-Dec-17 22:10:32

DD was back to back, five hour labour, gas and air only. It was painful but fine. Wouldn't even know back to back was such a 'thing' if it weren't for mumsnet!

PurpleTraitor Fri 01-Dec-17 22:13:01

Born back to back, with hand up by face. Took 90 minutes and no pain relief (I’ll leave you to decide whether that is a positive or not) no damage on way out.

Mayhemmumma Fri 01-Dec-17 22:18:12

My first was back to back. I found the pain easier to manage/soothe being in my back (where as 2nd was all in pelvis and agony) birthing ball did wonders to ease pressure, bath helped and tens machine was amazing on my back.

I had no other pain relief and straight forward delivery, the whole thing was super quick for a 1st.

Aliceinchunderland Fri 01-Dec-17 22:41:31

Thank you for all these, it’s making me feel much calmer!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: