Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Talk about your 3rd labours/births please

(20 Posts)
toadierocks Tue 21-Nov-17 16:25:23

Hi - I'm 37 weeks with number 3 and was just wondering what everyone else's 3rd labours were like.... quicker? harder? more intense?

My 2nd was 4 hours from twinge to baby so I've booked for another home birth in-case it's quicker than the last but just generally want to hear some other stories..... (settles in with a cuppa)

Many thanks in advance

toadierocks Tue 21-Nov-17 16:28:08

Forgot to ask if they arrived earlier or later than the other ones too.... (wishful thinking on my part for an earlier arrival unlike the other 2 that were both 41 weekers angry )

AGnu Tue 21-Nov-17 16:29:07

I'm 40+3 with DC3 so I'll let you know sometime in the next 11 days...! Hopefully sooner rather than later because I'm majorly fed up of waiting!

Maverick66 Tue 21-Nov-17 16:30:36

Induced on my due date due to Nasty case of piles blush
But labour was 3.5 hours swift and intense.
Good luck.

PotteringAlong Tue 21-Nov-17 16:31:51

Fast and furious. I was induced but active labour was recorded as 9 minutes. About 15 minutes of pushing.

BitchPeas Tue 21-Nov-17 16:35:22

3 days overdue. (DC1 5 days overdue, DC2 born at 38 weeks)
Waters broke, contractions started an hour later about 10 minutes apart not to bad pain.
An hour after that it hit me like a train was very intense and very very painful, but only lasted for half an hour, was on all fours and only pushed 3 times and she was out!
Couple of stitches, nothing major compared to the 3rd degree and 2nd degree with the first two!

BitchPeas Tue 21-Nov-17 16:35:49

*not too bad pain wise!

MissWitch Tue 21-Nov-17 16:35:53

I’d be interested to know to. I’m 17+6 with dc3 so got a little while yet but previous labours were both very long back to back labours so hoping it’ll be much quicker and easier this time.

StepAwayFromCake Tue 21-Nov-17 16:37:34

Much faster and more intense, but caused me far less damage than the previous two. Babies arrived at 39+3, 41, 41. Also progressively bigger babies.

lal17 Tue 21-Nov-17 16:42:04

I had stop start labour with DC3 (&4). So by when the contractions carried on going I was so pleased. DC3 birth I was really chilled out for some reason. DH had to stop me from going and helping someone else in the labour ward who was panicking. Can you imagine anything worse grin. Was very peaceful - night time at the st thomas’ looking out over the lights in London. I remember standing up and leaning into DH with the contractions. Student midwife was amazing - sat in the corner quietly and let me have the room really dark. Then slightly surprised when I got on the bed and pushed DD out - think second stage was about 5 mins. It was MW first birth on her own and she was emotional too. Was really beautiful. Sigh. But 4 DC definitely enough grin. Good luck with the birth OP.

Justbookedasummmerholiday Tue 21-Nov-17 16:44:33

Dc 2,3+4 all 3 hours at most.

FucksakeCuntingFuckingTwats Tue 21-Nov-17 16:45:30

Woke in the night and peed then my body started the automatic bearing down. Rushed to hospital panting against my body automatically pushing. Got into assessment ward and started pushing and he was born fairly quickly. Didn't even feel a contraction.

DharmaInitiativeLady Tue 21-Nov-17 17:00:03

Third labour was fast, intense and the most painful but much less damage and I bounced back much quicker. Established labour recorded as 5 minutes in my notes brew

Oh, and I had all 3 of them at 41 weeks

toadierocks Tue 21-Nov-17 17:27:51

Ooooh thanks so much for all the responses smile

Good luck AGnu for for the next few days, I hope you're little one makes an appearance very soon, the last few weeks and days always seem like an eternity!

I'm bracing myself for a quick one like the last one, it was very intense but over and done with.

That's such a lovely birth story lal17 with the midwife getting emosh! normally my hubby does all the crying grin I'm sure he'll be the same this time too, bless his cottons

usernameavailable Tue 21-Nov-17 18:13:33

Not much to talk about.
20 mins start to finish!

TheOriginalNNB Tue 21-Nov-17 18:14:52

Same length labour (not quick, not overly long)

More intense

Hardest

Heaviest

LoadsaBlusher Thu 23-Nov-17 07:18:23

Dc3 was much quicker labour and birth , all done in under three hours start to finish with no intervention

I had spontaneous labour with all three DC

DC 1 & DC 2 were a few days early DC 3 a few days late

All babies similar weights

No tears smile

Third labour was easiest smile

toomanykidstocount Thu 23-Nov-17 07:24:44

Induced at 40 + 4. 45 Mins from start to cup of tea! Smaller baby and more intense contractions but quicker recovery.

Pidgythe2nd Thu 23-Nov-17 20:03:36

Oh dear...hoping my 3rd labour is a bit slower than my 2nd. I'm currently 30 weeks.
DD was born 3 hours from first sign (waters breaking) but only 30-40 mins of contractions I think. She was delivered by my mum at home, so first sign and I'm planning on heading straight for the hospital this time and staying put.

I'm actually quite worried if I'm on my own. I should be able to drive myself to hospital at first sign I'm hoping, and DH join me. Eek

Youcanstayundermyumbrella Thu 23-Nov-17 20:07:56

Earlier than #1, later than #2, shorter than #1, longer than #2. Most straightforward of all of them though!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: