Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Contractions? maybe a bit of TMI as well

(12 Posts)
jmscp2015 Sat 11-Nov-17 18:21:27

I’ll apologise for sounding stupid in advance FTM here and no idea what I should be feeling!

I’m 38+3 today and have been having Braxton Hicks for about a week now on and off.

Partner and I DTD this morning (we haven’t for months! Lol) and I lost some mucous plug afterwards I think.

Since about 11 this morning I’ve had what feels like about 8 ‘contractions’ they are certainly painful (but not totally unbearable) where as my BH aren’t they’re just tightenings.

Also it’s all TMI but I have not long after the last one been to the loo very easily when I’ve been constipated over the past couple of weeks.

Does anybody have any idea if it sounds like I’m perhaps in early labour? I know it’s more or less impossible for you to know, but like I said I’m a FTM Just needing a bit of advice.

TIA 

GrouchyKiwi Sat 11-Nov-17 18:42:42

You might be. Keep an eye on things, and keep moving about.

It really pissed me off when people told me I'd know when I was in full labour, but it's true, you do. And remember: if you're worried about it, or think you are, then do call the hospital/birthing unit. The worst that will happen is they tell you to go home/not come in.

All the best. flowers

jmscp2015 Sat 11-Nov-17 18:46:52

Thank you so much for your reply @GrouchyKiwi will keep myself pottering around and I’m on and off my ball gently circling at the moment.

Still getting them on and off, feel a bit closer together now so I may start timing them soon. smile

delilabell Sat 11-Nov-17 18:47:19

I had a terrible upset stomach when ibwas in early stages of labour so could be the beginnings? Agree with grouchy though ot wasnt until my waters were broken and ibwas told i was in labour that i believed i was. Every time i got contractions etc I'd be like "is this it now?" nothing to compare it too!!
Wishing you lots of luck x

jmscp2015 Sat 11-Nov-17 18:48:48

Thank you @delilabell

Exactly grin when you’ve nothing to compare it too it’s very difficult to know if your just being over excited about it lol!

BagelDog Sat 11-Nov-17 18:51:22

Could well be everything getting going, but that can still take a while.... I had ramped up braxton hicks, soft short cervix that was at about 2cm, but only went into a tribe labour about six days later... lots of bouncing on the ball and maybe more dtd?

GrouchyKiwi Sat 11-Nov-17 18:53:37

I found that I went quite inward when I was in labour, like the stuff around me kind of stopped mattering and I was just focused on what my body was doing. I can't remember much of the afternoon with my first baby, though I remember the morning and the rush to the hospital in the evening. The afternoon, though? Just a blur.

Birthing ball feels lovely, doesn't it? Makes it all feel more comfortable.

jmscp2015 Sat 11-Nov-17 19:02:21

Thanks @BagelDog I know it may not be it happening I’m trying not to get myself to hyped up for it, so difficult isn’t it though blush

And yes @GrouchyKiwi I must admit I’m feeling a bit like that at the minute, a bit spaced out and just really concentrating on what my bodies doing.

It’s all so frustrating really isn’t it, haha, the not knowing is killing me blushblush

BagelDog Sat 11-Nov-17 19:10:25

Oh it is probably happening but it is sometimes a process lasting a few days, not a brief event! Good luck with it all. I found a good hill walk did the trick in the end!

GrouchyKiwi Sun 12-Nov-17 14:32:00

Hi jmscp2015. How are you doing today?

jmscp2015 Sun 12-Nov-17 14:43:21

Ah thank you for checking in @GrouchyKiwi much of the same today! No change really, but it’s not stopped either so I’m hoping it might just be the beginning of things smile I’m letting my lunch go down a bit then I’m off for a walk, hopefully that will do something!

GrouchyKiwi Sun 12-Nov-17 15:29:57

Good stuff. Hope you have/had a lovely walk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now