Talk

Advanced search

Episiotomy pain 14 weeks pp

(7 Posts)
soontobeamum1982 Fri 10-Nov-17 10:47:17

My DD is 14 weeks old today. I delivered by ventouse and had an episiotomy. It initially seemed to heal well without much discomfort after the first three weeks, although I have battled piles and anal fissures since birth and sometimes the epi scar would ache after going for a poo.

I think I've now got thrush, as the whole side/wall of the vagina on the same side of the epi aches and itches and feels swollen. Can thrush infect a scar even when it is mostly healed? Until now i've only really felt it after sitting on a hard surface for a long time (why do all baby classes involve sitting cross legged on the floor???) but haven't felt ready to DTD again either.

cakeandteajustforme Fri 10-Nov-17 11:23:48

I didn’t have all the extras you mention -just a straight episiotomy plus antibiotics after a week. It still hurts occasionally eleven months on if I stretch it the wrong way. DTD was awful until quite recently. Sorry not what you want to hear but I think it’s normal...

Newbietwo Fri 10-Nov-17 13:06:05

Hey, I’m 15 months pp and I sometimes can still feel a very minor ache where my episiotomy is. It also seemed to heal really well to begin with but I do remember it flaring up over first couple of months on and off. Like you said, if I’d sat in a way which put pressure on it.
Sex has never been an issue with it although we waited for about 4 months to dtd! No pain there at all. And neither of my friends who have had episiotomies have had pain either. Hopefully will be the same for you.
If you’re concerned, definitely get it checked out by your gp or a women’s health physio. And push for a referral if you’re still not happy. Hope it sorts itself out!

FartnissEverbeans Wed 15-Nov-17 17:57:44

I had ventouse and episiotomy (which healed really well, no pain at all) and didn't have sex for ten months because of the internal pain when DTD. I seem to be back to normal again now thankfully but it hurt A LOT for a long time.

Having said that, I didn't have pain day to day like you're describing. I suppose it could be thrush but you should definitely get yourself to a dr rather than put up with that.

Needadvicetoleave Wed 15-Nov-17 19:25:27

Took a good 6 months for my episiotomy to heal fully. Even then it was tight and sex was agony. I had physio which included some massaging of the scar tissue which has helped enormously.

Smurfy23 Wed 15-Nov-17 23:00:54

I was referred to a consultant when my episiotomy scar took ages to heal- he said they usually take 3 months to heal properly. Also aching afterwards is common but will go.

Is it worth going to see your gp to check its thrush but also check your scar over?

Afternooncatnap Wed 15-Nov-17 23:17:18

Mine healed well initially, I even dtd pain free after two weeks. But after about 6 weeks I was in alot of pain again which I thought was piles and fissures. At week 8 I went to GP and it was discovered my scar had granulated. I had to have it quarterised(not sure of spelling). You need to get yours checked out if your still in alot of pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now