Talk

Advanced search

Husband constantly allowing visitors!

(6 Posts)
asongforthelovers Wed 08-Nov-17 18:44:38

Exactly that! My husband has been nothing but a pain in the arse since the birth of our baby.

The first night we got home he had his parents, brother and child at home. My house was a mess as I was in hospital week before birth and few days later. It was all for show, “right kids you sit and get your picture with baby”. Thankfully by the look on my face it was a very quick visit!

Arranged for us to go out 2 days after to go meet his friend, had friends over at the weekend so he could ‘celebrate’, up at his parents to ‘celebrate’, my parents so he could go to the pub to ‘celebrate’ and so on..... God knows how many arguments we’ve had in the last 4 weeks regarding this.

I was always one of them women who said “see how you feel after labour, you could be up for the visitors” etc but this time round I do not have the energy, patience, strength to be accommodating people. I feel physically and mentally exhausted.

Sorry for the rant, I’ve popped to the shops went for peace for tea bags while more visitors have came.

Needadvicetoleave Wed 08-Nov-17 21:10:36

Jesus. How you are coping I don't know. I'd have told them, and him, to fuck off. But then I felt half dead for months after birth!

mumonashoestring Wed 08-Nov-17 21:14:09

Okay: arranged for "us" to go out? Why the hell are you saying yes?

As for people arriving in your home, take yourself and the baby off to bed and keep a supply of heavy books by the bed to lob at anyone stupid enough to come through the door.

Quartz2208 Wed 08-Nov-17 21:14:34

How come your house was a mess surely he should be tidying. Other than celebrating what has he actually done to help

asongforthelovers Wed 08-Nov-17 22:08:07

Think I’ve been a bit harsh earlier. House wasn’t so much a mess, more clutter as all baby gifts and pram etc was lying about but stressed me out.

Aha that made me giggle, good shout mumonashoestring. Don’t know why I said yes, think my heads all over the place!

In all fairness he is great and helps out loads* Quartz.* I think I’m just pissed off at loads of things and stressed at 2 kids and a baby and he’s getting it.

I feel exact same @Needadvicetoleave, I seem to be taking longer than last 2 to recover, hormones feel chaotic. Heads up my arse!

Can’t wait to feel ‘normal’ whatever this is again 😏

Hairgician Thu 09-Nov-17 19:38:13

When we got home after ds1 born we came home to find his parents there and the former parish priest. He had been visiting with them and when he heard about the birth he wanted to come and bless the baby. angry
Lovely thought but seriously, am just home from hosp after major surgery and serious lack of sleep and in no mood for visitors.
I went off to bed. Ds was sound asleep in carry got. I let dp know I was not happy. They stayed away the rest of the week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now