Talk

Advanced search

Lifting and pushing double pram 2 weeks after section

(4 Posts)
cheekymummy89 Wed 08-Nov-17 17:54:03

Like the title says, I had a section 2 weeks ago tomorrow! And as of Friday my dh is back at work meaning I now need to do school run again. I already have a 15 month old ds2 plus the newborn so I will be pushing a double pram, my concern is lifting ds2 into the pram and pushing the pram up and over curbs! I took a slow walk out yesturday and I struggled with curbs. Dh was with me so luckily he got ds2 into the pram and helped push it up curbs for me. My ds1 school also has a step to get into the school so that’s also a worry. Any tips? I don’t have anyone that can help as they all work full time and the other parents all either have a fair few children themselves or small babies so can’t ask them for help once I’m there plus they usually tend to run a little late in a morning lol. I’m fine walking slow with the pram that’s not the issue it’s just getting up and down curbs, steps etc.

babynelly2010 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:08:03

Hi, after 2 weeks with my csection I could not do what you are suggesting. And I had an easy pretty straight forward recovery which I thought was quick. At 3-4 weeks. I could manage a large pram and driving.
Could you do a taxi? My solution was help from friends who brought them home to me. How about a neighbour or a work friend? May be pay someone? Honestly two weeks after is when I felt just on down hill of things improving. I could not walk with double pram.

OuchBollocks Wed 08-Nov-17 18:10:20

Do you have a stretchy sling? With a newborn it's well above your scar and then you only have the weight of the baby and then a light stroller, not a big unwieldy double pram.

Uhohmummy Thu 09-Nov-17 15:16:35

I had a c-section for DD2 and my DH went back to work after 2 weeks. I used a stretchy sling and normal pushchair for the first few months of DD2's life. I remember it being painful about 2 weeks after the c-section when I lifted the double buggy on to the doorstep so I stopped using it for a bit after that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now