Talk

Advanced search

Caesarean recovery

(10 Posts)
acornfed Sat 04-Nov-17 15:04:05

I am 6 weeks post elective caesarean and my tummy is still sore and there feels like a tight knot on the right side and a heavy dragging pain on the right when I sit or stand for too long .
The skin wound has healed.
I know the answer is that I need patience but would appreciate some shared stories to make me feel there is light out of the tunnel.
Can't do a whole lot and thought I'd be able to do a whole lot more by now

loveulotslikejellytots Sat 04-Nov-17 15:12:45

Everyone is different, but 6 weeks is still very early days. Even when my dd was a year old, if I over did it, my scar would ache. Maybe check with your midwife if you are still in touch, or the HV next time you take baby to be weighed, but it's probably quite normal. There are so many layers to heal, including muscles which are constantly being used!

loveulotslikejellytots Sat 04-Nov-17 15:15:53

Sorry, I also meant to say that it does get better, just don't to too much! I was back to 'normal' by 3 weeks, hoovering, cleaning, driving, walking the dog twice a day. But my god did I feel awful by the evenings. I've no idea why I thought that was a good idea! DH was back at work and I went into auto pilot mode. He banned me from housework after that and got his Mum to walk the dog for a couple more weeks in the evenings he wouldn't be there. It definitely helped taking it easy.

CakesRUs Sat 04-Nov-17 15:16:10

My first two sections were fine, my third was not. I had adhesions inside and I’m still having pain from them years later. I’m not saying this is what you have, but it took me years to find out what was causing it.

acornfed Sat 04-Nov-17 15:20:07

Cakesrus

How did you find out you had adhesions ? What were your symptoms?

CakesRUs Sat 04-Nov-17 15:37:49

It was to the right of my belly button but down towards my pelvis, it hurt constantly at first, gradually it turned into flare ups, but it was always uncomfortable. My go said, because it was by my navel, it wasn’t gyne but of course, when you’re pregnant, baby goes way up past belly button. This threw us off finding a diagnosis. I had 3 laparoscopic surgeries and the surgeon found a huge gnarly one by my belly button.

CakesRUs Sat 04-Nov-17 15:38:22

Sorry my GP not go

CakesRUs Sat 04-Nov-17 15:40:02

I’m not saying this is what you have, I wouldn’t have commented but it was so frustrating not having answers to my problem for years. It felt like a painful pulling.

acornfed Sat 04-Nov-17 16:50:33

Cakesrus

That sounds terrible for you. So annoying as you've had two caesareans and they were fine, and to have that on the last one.

Do they think it may have been due to you repeated caesareans or unrelated? I guess sometimes they can never tell. What was stuck to what if you don't mind me asking?

CakesRUs Sat 04-Nov-17 17:16:44

A risk of surgery is adhesions and most people who have surgery will have them, but they don’t cause problems for most. I had extensive adhesions stuck all over the place. Adhesions are like sticky dough on dough, they can attach to anything.

It’s still early days for you, my niece recently had a section, her second and she said she thought she had adhesions, but her pain resolved itself with time and that, most likely, this will be the case for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now