Talk

Advanced search

Lindo Clinic

(10 Posts)
Bowgal21 Thu 02-Nov-17 12:46:17

Hi all! I’m a first timer and hoping to deliver at the Lindo clinic. Can you suggest some good consultants to reach out to?

2014newme Thu 02-Nov-17 12:47:34

Are you American,?

Moose23ishungry Thu 02-Nov-17 12:50:19

Do you know for sure that you have to be consultant led? Or are you low risk and have the option of being midwife led?

Bowgal21 Thu 02-Nov-17 16:11:26

I’m Canadian. And no I’m low risk so I don’t need to be consultant led but it’s my preference. I’m quite nervous and scared as it’s my first time.

bananaramama Thu 02-Nov-17 20:38:44

I've picked Chrissie Yu for my consultant. She's lovely, very straight forward and open x

Bowgal21 Fri 03-Nov-17 07:54:12

Thanks! Are you booked into Lindo? Did you consider the Portland?

LittleCupcakeMum Fri 03-Nov-17 10:22:23

When I had my DS my consultant was Etienne Horner, he is the best!! He also works at Portland, so you can see him and choose the hospital later

bananaramama Sat 04-Nov-17 16:30:03

Yes I am booked into the Lindo. I did consider the Portland but the vibe (in my opinion) was very different. It seemed to be more about your champagne preference for afternoon tea than the high standard of care you and your baby would receive.... plus if anything went wrong you’d be transferred to either UCH or St Mary’s anyway so I preferred the fact that at the Lindo you literally just go next door.
Dr Yu works at St Mary’s too for her NHS work so should anything go wrong she would know exactly which strings to pull to get you the best care in the shortest time.
The Portland is no doubt a world class hospital but not for me.
I’m sure whichever you choose will be wonderful xx

Bowgal21 Mon 06-Nov-17 08:34:47

Thank you to all - that’s extremely helpful feedback. I will definitely reach out to all of the above and figure out who I have the best rapport with. Navigating the different options has been a bit overwhelming and this has really helped give me a bit of a game plan. Xx

Bisquick Mon 06-Nov-17 08:47:02

At the Lindo as well. But before you pick the hospital first step is to pick a consultant. And they then have a list of hospitals they deliver at - usually Portland + private wings of 2-3 other hospitals. My consultant does deliveries at Lindo / Portland / C&W for example.

Call their secretaries and arrange for a meet and greet sort of appt - many are in high demand so you’ll need to book in soon.

If you are low risk and it works geographically you may also want to consider Queen Charlotte’s and Portland’s midwifery led services, although I completely understand the desire to be consultant-led.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now