Talk

Advanced search

Did a uti cause labour?

(6 Posts)
FluffyFlowerFace Sun 29-Oct-17 18:14:51

I had a beautiful baby boy at 34 weeks and 4 days. He's doing well and am awaiting debrief.
The whole way through I was up all night weeing. He was very low.
On the Monday I feel awful hot and shaky and took 2 paracetamol and went to bed
On Thursday I had period like pains and my back hurt.
On Friday i was up all night weeing it was dark and I felt like it wouldn't come out despite feeling it. I had a bloody show on Saturday then had him.
My wee pre labour showed 1 leucocyte trace protein and 3 ketones. I wasn't given antibiotics but wondered if a uti has kicked labour off

FluffyFlowerFace Sun 29-Oct-17 20:14:31

Bump

Needadvicetoleave Sun 29-Oct-17 21:14:50

It can. I had a UTI at 35 weeks, got antibiotics. Dr warned me I might go in to labour, and when I saw the midwife the week after she was surprised it hadn't. I went in to labour a week later.

FluffyFlowerFace Sun 29-Oct-17 21:20:00

Thanks advice. I did have the symptoms but haven't been treated with antibiotics? It seems to have gone. My wee stank the day I went into labour.

Needadvicetoleave Sun 29-Oct-17 21:58:48

Smelly wee isn't a sign of a UTI, either you haven't drank enough or that you've eaten something that makes wee smell!

It's the infection that brings on the labour, not the antibiotics.

FluffyFlowerFace Sun 29-Oct-17 22:33:21

Smelly wee is one of the signs of uti. Wee shouldn't smell. I'm just wondering if an infection kicked things off

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now