Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to wear

(11 Posts)
NamesNamesAndMoreNames Tue 24-Oct-17 19:58:18

So my DS was born early and I had a horrific VB. I was in hospital for almost a week and all I had to wear for the first few days were my DH's tee shirts.

This time around I am having a planned section. I have bought a few long nighties with easy boob access. But once I'm up and about, which hopefully will be soon after, what will I be able to wear? All my maternity trousers are under the bump jeans. I'm still wearing my normal leggings and pj bottoms under my bump too. I'm thinking these won't be practical as they will be close to the scar which will obviously still be healing. Will over the bump trousers/leggings work?

How long will I need to wear trousers like that for? I'll need to make sure I have enough pairs!!!

2018babyonboard Tue 24-Oct-17 20:01:14

Over bump everything! Anything that so much as touches the scar caused me agony for atleast 6 weeks. Especially underwear, get some mesh or really big maternity ones. I lived in overbump leggings afterwards as when the bump goes down I found the jean overbumps looked weird and saggy but couldn’t face under bumps.

prettyprettyprettyprettyghoul Tue 24-Oct-17 20:01:32

Comfortable joggers with a gentle elastic waist are perfect.

Soft harem style or lounge pants

Pull on skirts or trousers

Wrap dresses that are easy for feeding

As a planned section you might find that you heal pretty quickly but I still wouldn’t want anything rubbing the wound for quite a while.

2018babyonboard Tue 24-Oct-17 20:02:14

Meant to add, mine was an emergency which I’ve heard takes longer to heal from so you may be fine with normal clothes earlier on!

glasshalfsomething Tue 24-Oct-17 20:08:34

Mines was emergency and as soon as I was home I was in large pyjama bottoms from primary at night, and their harem pants during he day. Bought a size above and they stretched far enough up my bump to not cause pain.

Maternity leggings are also good and a fairly cheap option.

If I was out in public, I wore stretchy midi skirts (it was summer) or maxi dresses that I could feed in.

haveagobletofblood Wed 25-Oct-17 16:36:35

Stretchy work out pants are great for tummy support and holding it all in.

Ttbb Wed 25-Oct-17 16:39:25

I would only wear dresses/dungarees for a bit with the scar.

NamesNamesAndMoreNames Wed 25-Oct-17 20:19:22

Dungarees!!!! I love those. Yes! I can do that.

Generally I hate leggings/dresses and just don't have many.

I'm guessing my bump will be much smaller so over the bump stuff will be a little loose but I won't be able to squeeze into size 8 leggings so will definitely have to invest in a few pairs of something!

DarthMaiden Wed 25-Oct-17 21:14:04

I have these OP (link below). They are high waisted yoga bottoms and are incredibly comfy.

I confess I’ve not used them post CS but there would be no scar interference.

They are just super soft and comfy.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/quick-dry-new-yoga-bottom-with-cool-comfort-technology/p/p22458191?image=SD022_T5136144_Y0XX_EC_90&color=BLACK&prevPage=plp

DarthMaiden Wed 25-Oct-17 21:20:05

Pressed post by accident...

They are far more loose fitting than leggings but still “tailored” and look better than haream pants and importantly have a loose fit over where your scar would be. Picture below.

doodlejump1980 Wed 25-Oct-17 21:27:24

I found that having a maternity pad (the big ones) in between pants and trousers/leggings (so it went dressing, pants, pad, trousers) helped cushion my wound in the early days post-section. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now