Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Private c section Liverpool area

(12 Posts)
Shiela2017 Tue 24-Oct-17 15:14:10

Hello all, Could any of you lovely ladies give me your experiences of a c section done privately in Liverpool please? And any infomation on how to go about it? No judgement please ✌️

fatfingeredfran Tue 24-Oct-17 16:54:16

As far as I’m aware there is no private obstetricians in the UK outside of London. Even then, I think there are only 2 or 3 hospitals in London that offer it.

Maybe someone who knows for sure will be along in a bit x

Shiela2017 Tue 24-Oct-17 17:20:24

fatfingeredfran Really, thank you for letting me know!

Shiela2017 Tue 24-Oct-17 17:30:29

fatfingeredfran Really, thank you for letting me know!

fatfingeredfran Tue 24-Oct-17 17:34:03

https://www.which.co.uk/birth-choice/private/private-maternity-hospitals-and-facilities

If you scroll down this link, it lists all the private maternity facilities in the UK. All look like London postcodes to me sad

fatfingeredfran Tue 24-Oct-17 17:36:55

Oh but if it is any help, I had an electric c section on the NHS 8 weeks ago and it was a very good way to give birth, I had a lovely experience. The post natal care on the ward afterwards wasn’t as good but that is because my local hospital is very busy and early September is the busiest time for having babies apparently (lots of shagging must go on in December!). The care in theatre and in recovery was outstanding, couldn’t fault it at all.

fatfingeredfran Tue 24-Oct-17 17:37:18

*elective!! 😂

Shiela2017 Tue 24-Oct-17 17:51:15

fatfingeredfran thank you so much for your reply. How did you get on requesting one?

fatfingeredfran Tue 24-Oct-17 17:58:18

Yes it was fine. I got myself all worked up about asking for one, I was so worried in case they declined, especially after reading horror stories on here about people getting declined. I shouldn’t have worried through, as they agreed with no arguments.

My reasons were that I knew my baby was in the large side (still within the normal range, but 90+ percentile), and due to another health issue baby had to be delivered slightly early, so if I didn’t get the section I would need to be induced anyway. I was consultant led due to the other health issue.

They talked through the decision with me and they could see I had researched it and understood the risks, and they didn’t try to talk me out of it. Once the paper work was all signed the consultant said she thought it was a good decision given my circumstances and that the chances of anything going wrong for me were very slim, and she told me a bit about her own c section. She was lovely, and really put me at ease. I was so worked up about asking for one and there was no need, it was all fine.

Someaddedsugar Tue 24-Oct-17 17:58:26

I also had an elective c-section and found the experience in theatre and recovery was fab! Mine was 3.5 weeks ago and I've fully recovered and feel back to my usual self.

Someaddedsugar Tue 24-Oct-17 17:58:48

I should add that mine was through the NHS in the north east!

RedToothBrush Tue 31-Oct-17 18:35:29

You can go private at Liverpool Women's now at the Catharine Medical Centre.

But Liverpool have a generally positive attitude for maternal request if for mental health reasons. Depending on your circumstances you might be fine to just go on the NHS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now