Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ELCS at Warwick

(1 Post)
LeannePerrins Mon 23-Oct-17 14:30:29

I'm pregnant with DC2 and considering my options after a fairly horrendous experience with my birth injuries after DD's birth. Briefly: ventouse assisted delivery; readmitted to hospital with serious infection when episiotomy became infected and burst; gaping hole in perineum left to heal naturally; terrible pain from wound and granulation tissue leaving me unable to walk more than about 500m for the first four months of DD's life. Not as bad as some, as I was lucky not to develop any problems with incontinence and did not need further repair, but still pretty fucking hideous.

Having done a lot of research, I feel pretty strongly that I want an ELCS this time around. I’m likely to book in at Warwick (we live in Solihull and Heartlands is a nightmare to get to) and I’ve read that this trust is proactively reducing its elective caesarean rate, and I’m concerned that I may have a battle on my hands.

Any recent experiences of ELCS at Warwick?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now