Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Induction tomorrow (poss triggering as previous loss mentioned)

(14 Posts)
MagicFajita Mon 23-Oct-17 10:40:10

Hi all,

I'm posting for a little reassurance I guess.

I'm over a week overdue with my third baby (4th pregnancy) and am being induced tomorrow afternoon. I'm quietly terrified!

Last year my partner and I lost a baby girl just after 20 weeks due to a fatal condition , I therefore had to be induced and give birth. This pregnancy has therefore been highly stressful , although everything has been good and ordinary up to this point. We are very grateful. We've registered with a different hospital this time around and recieved amazing care and support all along.

I'm scared. This is so huge and after spending over a year pregnant in the last 18 months am also relieved that the birth is imminent...so many mixed feelings!

Does anyone have any words about induction , coping with birth after a loss or anything in-between?

Thank you.

ppleasebob Mon 23-Oct-17 14:15:55

Not sure if much help but I’ll explain my experiences!

Currently in hospital waiting to be taken to theatre, after starting induction Saturday morning.

This is my 4th birth - my son died at 39 weeks just after he was born from an unexpected disorder. The birth was quite scary - he was highly distressed, I had the FBS but it kept clotting. He was too far down to attempt a c section so I had an episiotomy and forcep delivery (after failed ventouse)

For some reason, when I had my DD1 less than 2 years after I was fine. It was my DD2 labour that brought everything back, even though it was a simple straightforward labour.

It scared me so much that I was waiting to be sterilised when I fell pregnant with this baby (DD3) - big fail! It took a lot of counselling to go ahead and I was adamant I wanted a section. However after many sessions with consultant and bereavement midwife I decided on induction on my due date.

Since Sat I have had 2 pessaries and 2 gels - I have hardly moved on the bishops score. Doctor said he could break my waters but I would need the drip (which I’m terrified of) and if it doesn’t progress, forceps if baby becomes distressed.

At this point, I decided to request a section again. For me personally, it’s that loss of control over a vaginal birth that made me make that decision.

I’m sorry that this is not that helpful. Just wanted you to know someone understands your fears after a loss. Unless you’ve been through it, it’s so hard to comprehend. Fwiw the other 3 women who were induced with me on Sat have all gone on to have their babies!

Induction itself was not painful - don’t feel the pessary and the gel is just a bit cold. You being overdue will hopefully mean your cervix is ready as well. Get walking around as soon as they say you can and make sure you bring lots of stuff to entertain you!

I hope everything goes well for you!

MagicFajita Mon 23-Oct-17 14:28:36

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it. Also I hope things progress quickly for you now , please update when you cansmile

I will pack my tablet and my latest craft project for the waiting and will definitely move around as much as I can tomorrow.

I think the biggest thing here is that many things feel the same as when we lost our baby last year. We're packing food , time off of work is booked for dp , we generally feel a huge lack of control over this process and are at the mercy of fate. Again.

Also I don't think I can put my body and mind through another pregnancy should things not go well tomorrow. I know that's a terrible way to think but my head is spinning with various positive and negative thoughts right now.

ZippyCameBack Mon 23-Oct-17 14:35:24

I had a controlled ARM after my previous baby had a prolapsed cord and died. The doctor broke my waters and a midwife pressed down hard on the top of my bump while the doctor made sure the head engaged properly (to avoid another cord prolapse I suppose). It was a totally charmless experience but I did have gas and air so it wasn't painful.
I had to keep reminding myself that the only was to survive it all was to assume that everything would be fine. I hope that everything works out for you tomorrow- they did for me and I had 2 healthy babies after my daughter's death.
It's totally normal to be terrified. The people caring for you will be aware of how you are likely to feel and if you tell them that you need reassurance they should be happy to help you.

MagicFajita Mon 23-Oct-17 14:40:33

Thank you Zippy , I'm glad your two were delivered safely and I'm sorry for your previous loss.

I just want my son here safely and have no idea how to pass the evening without having an hourly panic!

haveagobletofblood Wed 25-Oct-17 16:53:06

Well is he here?!

MagicFajita Thu 26-Oct-17 10:03:24

No! I'm going in for induction this afternoon today as the waiting list was huge.

Thank you for asking thoughsmile

MagicFajita Fri 27-Oct-17 03:52:41

He's here. Just under 7lbs and absolutely beautiful.

Iris65 Fri 27-Oct-17 03:56:19

Congratulations on the birth of your son! So pleased for you! flowers

MagicFajita Fri 27-Oct-17 04:00:46

Thank you Iris.

Fluteytootey Fri 27-Oct-17 04:00:57

Congratulations! Well done you. Now enjoy those newborn cuddles

Helbelle75 Fri 27-Oct-17 04:13:51

Congratulations. That'a made me smile at the end of a really shitty day.
Enjoy your precious little bundle.

ZippyCameBack Fri 27-Oct-17 13:58:25

Lovely news, congratulations!

user1471134011 Sat 28-Oct-17 23:33:40

Congratulations 💐💐💐

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now