Talk

Advanced search

4 days after birth feeling dizzy

(8 Posts)
kittymama93 Sat 21-Oct-17 19:21:47

Hi need a little help I gave birth 4 days ago, to my first baby. My bleeding seems fine not heavy I’ve only had one large clot. But I feel dizzy through the day. Midwife doesn’t come out till tomorrow and I’m just a little worried. Maybe my irons levels? confused

zoomiee Sat 21-Oct-17 19:23:30

Recommend liquid iron such as spatone- much gentler on your digestive system. Dizziness can be iron levels, lack of sleep with newborn etc so deffo check in with your health visitor.

fucksakefay Sat 21-Oct-17 19:24:05

Call the hospital. You must still be under hospital care? Sounds like you need to be seen.

MeatAndPotato Sat 21-Oct-17 19:25:48

Eating/drinking enough?
Could be your blood sugar levels dropping making you feel dizzy.

kitscout Sat 21-Oct-17 19:25:59

I agree with zoomie , I had low iron during my pregnancy and was recommended spatone by midwife . It's a liquid and I got some from Tesco which really helped

kitscout Sat 21-Oct-17 19:27:12

But I would definitely recommend you get it checked out. Congratulations on the new baby!

ememem84 Sat 21-Oct-17 19:29:23

Thirding Spatone. I felt the same and it was iron levels and lack of sleep probably also coupled with feeling overwhelmed with baby and all his newy newness.

Take things easy. Look after yourself. And ring midwife if you’re in any doubt.

kittymama93 Sat 21-Oct-17 20:00:21

Thanks everyone defo thinking it’s the iron levels because other than that feeling good. OH is helping with night feeds etc and defo feeling overwhelmed with baby newness xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now