Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Experience of UCLH (NHS)

(4 Posts)
curlylocks88 Fri 20-Oct-17 19:22:58

Curious to know whether anyone has given birth at UCLH and whether it was a positive experience.

bigmamapeach Sat 21-Oct-17 01:57:46

Very positive! Two years ago, thought they were great. Antenatal care excellent too. Literally the only negative was finding it hard to get through on the phone to the unit when I was in Labour. Everything else perfect

ohpleasesleepbabysleep Sat 21-Oct-17 21:45:57

I had a very positive experience there almost exactly 2 years ago. It's very busy and you may not see the same midwife twice during your pregnancy, but that didn't bother me at all. They deal with the most complicated and difficult pregnancies and births; people go there from all over the country. That gave me huge reassurance that the care would be second to none, and it was. We ended up with some difficulties during labour and they handled it all brilliantly, I felt so well cared for.

In fact I'm 39+3 with #2 and so will be back there for another labour any day now!

JZ83 Sun 22-Oct-17 21:15:23

I didn’t have a great experience but I was admitted with postnatal complications while my baby was sick in Great Ormond Street.

I found them massively over crowded and understaffed. Pain management took a very very long time and discharge was an epic battle lasting 8 hrs. I personally was glad I wasn’t giving birth.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: