Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ipswich hospital

(9 Posts)
hlfayers Sun 08-Oct-17 21:18:02

Hey mums
I'm due to give birth at ipswich hospital very soon.
I've been put on deben ward,I was wondering if any of you were on deben ward and If you know if birthing pools are available on that ward?

Thank you!

Etymology23 Sun 08-Oct-17 21:21:39

I think they do tours, so you may be able to ask on one of those? Or ask by telephone?

www.ipswichhospital.nhs.uk/a-zofservices/wards/deben-ward.htm

There's a phone number at the bottom. I think it may be the only maternity ward that's consultant led.

hlfayers Sun 08-Oct-17 21:25:05

Thank you 😊
Yes because it's consultant lead as I'm considered high risk I wasn't sure if you could use pools or anything.
I'll ring up tomorrow!

electricblue2017 Sun 08-Oct-17 21:44:15

There weren’t pools when I had my ds there (5 years ago)

RedBlackberries Sun 08-Oct-17 21:45:59

The birth centres meant to be great. I can't use it sadly sad. I've heard lots of good things from relatives.
How many weeks are you?

hlfayers Sun 08-Oct-17 21:51:46

I'm 32+2 😊

RaeSkywalker Sun 08-Oct-17 21:56:24

The midwife led unit definitely has pools- I'm not sure about the consultant-led unit (I was transferred there last minute when I had DS last November). I was offered a bath there- apparently they're massive and you can give birth in them- however after wanting a water birth whilst pregnant, I REALLY didn't fancy it when actually in labour!

Hope that they do have a pool for you, and that all goes well.

RaeSkywalker Sun 08-Oct-17 21:57:52

I'd also really recommend the tours that Ety mentions. It made the whole thing a lot less stressful for me!

RedBlackberries Sun 08-Oct-17 22:10:26

All the best for the birthday! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now