Talk

Advanced search

If you previously had 2 emcs, what happened with your third?

(4 Posts)
lovelyjubilly Mon 02-Oct-17 11:13:16

Did you have the option of vbac? Does anyone ever manage this?

I assumed that I would have to go for a elcs but because it's been 5 years since my last section, I have the choice. I really don't want to end up with a third emcs though and wondered if there are ANY stories for 2 emcs followed by a vbac.

Anyone?

OP’s posts: |
lovelyjubilly Mon 02-Oct-17 15:32:41

Nobody? Maybe it'll be an elcs after all then!

OP’s posts: |
D886 Thu 05-Oct-17 11:20:23

It is possible, but without knowing the reasons for your previous EMCSs, difficult to know if a V2BAC would be a safe option for you. I think therefore, you should request a discussion with a consultant obstetrician at your hospital.

An ELCS is different to an EMCS, so do bear that in mind if you do have an ELCS.

Hope this helps, and good luck x

jammydodgersplease Thu 05-Oct-17 12:35:22

Hi, I recently had 3rd section, first two EMCS, this one was planned. There was also an almost 5 year gap between this and the previous one. I was upset about the lack of options- the consultant was clear that it was their preferred option for me to have a planned section and I didn't have the knowledge/courage/energy to request otherwise.
It was a much different experience and while I was anxious and upset that another chance to have a vaginal delivery was completely removed I'm not sure how I would have coped with going through everything again- going overdue, possibly being induced, being monitored throughout labour and likely not being allowed to go for long before they decided on a section anyway.
But as the PP said, it depends on your circumstances, I didn't go into labour spontaneously and had a few other complications along the way. Also from what I can workout different health boards/consultants seem to have different approaches. Good luck!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in