Talk

Advanced search

Breech and back to back - HELP!

(10 Posts)
JustSaying99 Sat 19-Aug-17 14:26:04

So had a private 4d scan this morning, currently 33 weeks, and baby is breech and back to back confused! Anyone had similar situation this far along and been able to turn them and give birth without the need for c-section?? Any advice on how to try and turn my baby. I have a birthing ball and I am willing to try anything to get this baby in the best position!!

OP’s posts: |
guineapig1 Sun 20-Aug-17 08:09:21

There's still plenty of time for the baby to shift position at 33 weeks. There is a website possibly called Spinning Babies which is shows techniques/excercises to encourage good positioning for birth. Do speak with your midwife though as they may also have some tips

vplum88 Sun 20-Aug-17 08:31:18

I am 37 weeks today and my baby was also back to back and breech at my 34 week appt and a scan I had at 32. So there's plenty of time I'm sure!

I have a birthing ball too and used that and the midwife suggested getting on all fours and cleaning floors to help the baby move! X

vplum88 Sun 20-Aug-17 08:32:16

Sorry should have said.... my baby is head down now! He moved himself thankfully

eurochick Sun 20-Aug-17 08:35:17

I second Spinning Babies.

Callamia Sun 20-Aug-17 08:38:16

33wk is fine for time to move.
Mine was transverse/oblique until 38wks, and arrived on 39 in the ideal position after shifting at the last minute. He moved a ton of towns between 33 and 38 weeks, from head down to transverse and back again.

JustSaying99 Sun 20-Aug-17 14:21:27

Thank you all. Think I just had a moment of panic that baby wouldn't have time to turn, but seems that I've got a good few weeks to still try! smile

OP’s posts: |
InDubiousBattle Mon 21-Aug-17 21:20:53

You still have lots of time. Dd was breech and back to back throughout my pregnancy. She turned head down at around 36/7 weeks (I can't remember exactly!)as I was just walking along. I had a very uncomfortable few minutes followed by a desperate urge to pee! She was still back to back when I went into labour (I could tell as ds had been back to back too). In hospital they suggested I lay on my left side and it did the trick- after 4.5 hours ish of labour she turned and was born half an hour later. Easy birth and recovery.

ddrmum Mon 21-Aug-17 22:13:57

my ds was breech and back to back. He turned very late on, but was born back to back. No c-section needed, ventouse usedl but he was fine smile

babynelly2010 Thu 24-Aug-17 20:30:08

Mine was transverse at that time. She turned head down but stayed back to back.
I had emcs after several hours of labour due to failure to progress.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in