Talk

Advanced search

Positive birth story

(7 Posts)
parislam21 Tue 08-Aug-17 22:25:11

Mum of 2.

My second labour was so quick it was over in 15 minutes..
I was booked in for a stretch and sweep at 1pm
I dropped my daughter to nursery went home for a nap.. woke up had a shower and some breakfast then I started getting little pains I went to the toilet and had my show which was the tiniest bit of blood . I wasn't in enough amount of pain to make me stop what I was doing, so I get to my appointment LATE. I had to wait a good half hour in between I was getting small contractions which were every minute . But I felt fine . So I go into my appointment and tell my mw iv had my show to which she says "ahhh your in early labour go home and wait " but I was adamant to get labour started so I asked for my stretch and sweep she kept telling me there's no point just wait it out .. then I had 3 contractions in a row which she timed so she said she'll check me . She literally checked me and her face dropped shouting to me do you think you can make it to the hospital ??!!! I said yeah .. she said "just leave now !! Don't put your shoes on just go" at this point I was confused because my pains wernt that bad 😩 then I just about get to the car in the car park and realise I could feel my waters drop down . So i said to my partner we need to go back the baby's coming 🙈 . I stood there having one big contraction in the car park, two eldley women asking if I'm ok i just yelled yeaaah and ran back to my midwife . Got in there my waters broke and my 9 lb baby boy came out while I was standing up .. was an easy quick labour. No pain relief both labours

OP’s posts: |
stepbystepdoula Wed 09-Aug-17 14:41:28

Great to hear a positive birth story, especially for those expectant mums out there.

Ohwoolballs Wed 09-Aug-17 14:44:20

Woooooow! Congrats! Should I ever have another I want one of these labours please.

Afreshstartplease Wed 09-Aug-17 14:45:28

See I think that sounds scary! I think I'd go into shock lol

juneau Wed 09-Aug-17 14:51:18

Second labours can be very quick - I know of loads of stories that are not dissimilar. My DS2 was nearly born on the side of the M1. We just made it to hospital in time. Labour was 2 hrs 20mins from start to finish. If I'd known it was going to be that quick I'd have been stressed out, but I had no idea. I must say that after a short labour you feel fab afterwards. I picked up my DS and walked down the corridor with him half an hour after giving birth and was discharged two hours later!

parislam21 Thu 10-Aug-17 19:37:35

My first labour was 3 hours so was an easy birth to both labours were fine for me .. my mw was panicking more then me . I was so calm through it all . Must say the second time round my after pains were awful sad

OP’s posts: |
Afreshstartplease Fri 11-Aug-17 07:04:02

Yes I have 4 DC and after pains have been worse with each one

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in