Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had successful sweep at 37 weeks?

(9 Posts)
BaffledMummy Wed 12-Jul-17 12:33:26

Just that really....Had a sweep this morning at 37+2...."Cervix was favourable". Interested to see if there is much likelihood it will actually so anything!

Rayraybt2006 Wed 12-Jul-17 12:49:33

Hi OP

It affects everyone differently. I had a sweep with DD and was told I would probably go into labour shortly after as I had a favourable cervix. I ended up having a section 2 weeks later. Friends have had them and gotten contractions 2 days later. All depends on when your LO is ready to make his/her appearance.

LadyCassandra Wed 12-Jul-17 12:52:04

I had 5 in my last 2 weeks of pregnancy, gave birth at 41+5, they did nothing except make me feel crappy.

LeSquigh Wed 12-Jul-17 13:45:04

I have never met anyone so far who has had a sweep that has made a difference!

BaffledMummy Wed 12-Jul-17 18:01:34

Yes I have quite low expectations! Just seems too early. It wasn't painful at all and 6 hours later, not feeling any different at all.

annlee3817 Wed 12-Jul-17 19:37:19

I had one at 37+1 and was 1cm dilated, posterior cervix but the midwife could just about feel the head and was adamant I'd be in labour by the Sunday. My DD arrived at 40+5. Sorry, not helpful.

Catlover1812 Thu 13-Jul-17 06:51:41

My sweep at 37+1 kick started contractions. Period cramp type pain, so I didn't sleep v well that night! Cervix 'favourable' etc. I was booked in for an induction the following day and the pessary really ramped up contractions. Baby was back to back though so I wasn't actually dilating very quickly and baby was born at 37+4. Hope everything goes well for you!

AliciaMayEmory Thu 13-Jul-17 06:53:45

I had a sweep at 37+something weeks and my DS was born about 4 hours later. Hope you get some movement soon, OP!

BaffledMummy Thu 13-Jul-17 10:14:27

Oh now....two success stories! Gives me a bit of hope 😁 thanks ladies! Still no action here but told will have another one at 38 weeks as apparently the more it is done, the more it can help when they do come to induce (which I know is coming if this little monkey hasn't made her own arrival by 39 weeks!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now