Talk

Advanced search

The postnatal ward at Lewisham - recent experiences?

(6 Posts)
EssentialHummus Wed 24-May-17 16:11:45

Just that really. I'm due in September and have had a really positive experience with Lewisham antenatally so far. From threads on here the postnatal ward is where it goes a bit wrong. If you've given birth at Lewisham recently what was your experience like? Anything you'd have liked to know in advance?

EssentialHummus Thu 25-May-17 21:51:51

Bump! Anyone?

bibbitybobbityyhat Thu 25-May-17 21:53:53

There is a very good and active Facebook group called SE23 Mums. They would be able to help you. Give them a poke!

EssentialHummus Thu 25-May-17 22:28:37

Thanks bi, will do.

lightgreenglass Thu 25-May-17 22:35:36

My DSis gave birth in their birthing centre and it was a good experience for her - out within 24 hours. A friend also gave birth in the birthing centre and praised it highly.

My neighbour gave birth on the ward as higher risk and didn't say anything bad about postnatal care.

I've given birth at King's, from other threads you've posted on (I'm not a stalker) I live not too far from you - postnatal care I think in most major hospitals in London is a bit underwhelming.

WeiAnMeokEo Sat 27-May-17 18:35:32

I have very few good things to say about the postnatal care at Lewisham but that was at least partly because I was unprepared for how awful it would be. I think going into it knowing that they're ridiculously overstretched and that some staff can be breathtakingly callous and therefore ensuring your partner/someone friendly is there to fight your corner if need be is a good plan.

Good luck - not all staff were awful but some really were and just the lack of human kindness was the thing I found horrid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now