Talk

Advanced search

Natural or Section??

(4 Posts)
Itsjustme1 Sat 20-May-17 00:48:24

Hi guys,

Just after some advice, I have a 2yo DS1 who was born via c section due to been footling breach and two failed attempts at turning him. I'm due again with DS2 in 2 days but if he's not here by then I've got consultant the day after with the option to have another section.

I know what to expect with a section and I'm really nervous if the prospect of natural birth.

Just after some advice on what people have preferred as I cannot make my mind up and I've not got long to go.

TIA x

MissShittyBennet Sun 21-May-17 13:53:05

What would be the pros and cons of each option for you? Is DS2 breech also?

I haven't had an ELCS, but I have had both VB and EMCS and if I did have another child, I'd choose section. Because I don't have any desire to experience labour again and the risk of uterine rupture, though small, is not acceptable to me.

However, there might be other issues for you.

babynelly2010 Sun 21-May-17 20:17:07

I had 3 births, one natural water birth, one natural horrific birthing centre birth and emcs. Everyone is different but I would not even contemplate a vaginal delivery after previous csection.

Itsjustme1 Sat 27-May-17 22:44:38

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies, i asked for a section ended up getting a stretch and sweep by the consultant who wanted me to try for VBAC.

Went into labour the same day and ds2 was born the day after.

Worst pain imaginable and going forward I will opt for a section- if we decide on anymore that is grin

We're both home and doing really well, he was worth the pain and the stitches I needed after- ouch! blush

Thanks again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now