Talk

Advanced search

C-section recovery

(4 Posts)
talulahbelle Tue 16-May-17 15:39:29

I had an ELCS on 11/5, and thought I was recovering well. I maybe overdid it yesterday.
Today I had my stitches open and my scar split slightly. The midwife was vague and unreassuring and said she was sure it would be fine. I've got another midwife coming out on Thursday to check healing.
I've made the mistake of googling and frightened myself with scar stories. Has anyone been in a similar situation and can reassure me? Or hand hold while I convince myself it's not going to get horribly infected.

babynelly2010 Wed 17-May-17 00:23:52

Its hard to tell without seeing it however I would phone gp and just take midwifes views as opinions really. They are not qualified in csections that is area of the consultants.
I had my csection almost 5 weeks ago. I had concerns with my incision went to gp who could reassure me. It looks healed now with no problems but I did have reaction to the stitches that had to be addressed.
Try not do much but do stay mobile, walk a lot but not on stairs.

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Wed 17-May-17 00:37:37

Mine opened bu about 2cm. I had to have antibiotics as it started weeping so keep an eye on it but I understand that it's quite common. Gp recommended bathing it in salty and water. It's healed fine since.

talulahbelle Wed 17-May-17 04:36:58

Thanks for the responses. I stayed glued to the sofa for the rest of the day, and a nurse friend put an infection control dressing on to wear overnight.
Hoping when I take it off today it will look better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now