Talk

Advanced search

Hypnobirthing "tapes" recommendation please

(11 Posts)
AlexandraOrlov Sun 14-May-17 19:05:11

Any recommendations for a good hypnobirthing audio course or podcast I can download?

I'm more cynical than spiritual so something that's a bit more practical and not too fairies and rainbows would be ideal.

ThreeForAPound Sun 14-May-17 19:11:37

I had the Maggie Howell one years ago.

I barely recall it, as I always fell asleep about 10 mins in every single time grin...but it must have had some effect, as even though I ended up with a c-section I used some of the techniques during it and felt really calm and serene.

Worth a shout!

MoonlightMojitos Mon 15-May-17 10:11:16

www.penguin.co.uk/articles/book-talk/mindful-hypnobirthing/

Here you go, some free ones to give a go

AlexandraOrlov Mon 15-May-17 11:45:41

Thank you both, I'll check those out.

pennysays Mon 15-May-17 23:44:55

Those free ones posted above are from mindful mama. I liked them the best and I have four different sets! I ended up buying some mindful mama ones and think it was a good investment.

FlossieFrog Tue 16-May-17 00:20:51

I used the Maggie Howell ones - found them great pre and post baby as they helped me relax when I was too on edge to sleep. I had a really good labour and birth experience, although this is probably nothing to do with hypnobirthing!

Must try to visualise the golden light and see if it still sends me to sleep...

baconsandwiches Tue 16-May-17 11:21:10

We did the London Hypnobirthing course run by Hollie de Cruz and I really like the recordings that came with that - not sure if they can be purchased separately but I would 100% recommend the course if you still have time/are in or around London. I was quite cynical to start with and don't think tapes alone would have been enough for me to properly get on board.

Scroobius Wed 17-May-17 17:08:16

Another one for Maggie Howell. The CD is quite "go to your happy place" but the book that comes with it is very logical and I got a lot from it. 26 hour labour with paracetamol and water birth for someone who is usually all about the drugs...

arbrighton Thu 18-May-17 15:58:17

The penguin books link mentioned goes with Mindful Hypnobirthing by Sophie Fletcher, and I'd recommend reading it too. The tracks are good but there is some other stuff to try as well. I'm hoping these will help me in 7weeks ish

I didn't like the Maggie Howell book at all, far too hippydippy for me.

TheSleeperandTheSpindle Thu 18-May-17 16:02:56

I used the Maggie Howell one, it was £10 for the mp3 on the natal hypnotherapy website. It is a bit 'hippy' but I found it really helped me. I managed to get to 10cms at home and gave birth without any pain relief. I bought the book too but didn't manage to get through much of it before I had my DS and I don't think it made much difference.

soundsystem Fri 19-May-17 12:33:36

Another vote for Maggie Howell. It sent me to sleep so I didn't get too annoyed with the hippy stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now