Talk

Advanced search

Sweeps 2 days apart?

(5 Posts)
Michaelsone1 Fri 12-May-17 12:07:20

I had a sweep on my due date on Wednesday, didn't feel like it worked as couldn't feel a thing and midwife said it was difficult to do and nothing's happened since anyway. Community midwife said she wasn't in my area but that she could do another today (2 days after) if I travel to her which is about 20 minutes, or call hospital and see if they can do one. I called hospital and spoke to Ward Clerk and they said they only do them 7 days apart. So I told my midwife this and she said news to her but if that's what they said then to leave it until next week, which would be 7 days after.

I called the hospital back today and asked to speak to a midwife this time and she said I could have 1 today. Conflicting information! So now I'm booked for 1 today with my community midwife.

Just hope I'm doing the right thing! Not sure if I was just being fobbed off by the hospital as I do appreciate they're busy.Has anyone had one 2 days apart?

Spam88 Fri 12-May-17 13:46:03

Standard in my area for them to be done every two days, but they don't offer the first until you're 7 days overdue.

emilyjayne5 Sat 13-May-17 04:02:11

I'm being induced on Monday so last Monday at my hospital appointment I had a failed sweep and then on Wednesday I went to my community midwife and told her they'd given me a sweep but failed so she had a go too which also failed! She never mentioned anything about a week apart!

emilyjayne5 Sat 13-May-17 04:02:35

I'm being induced on Monday so last Monday at my hospital appointment I had a failed sweep and then on Wednesday I went to my community midwife and told her they'd given me a sweep but failed so she had a go too which also failed! She never mentioned anything about a week apart!

emilyjayne5 Sat 13-May-17 04:03:18

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now