Talk

Advanced search

Help getting positive please

(8 Posts)
Marzipanmodelling Mon 08-May-17 07:07:08

Don't know where to post this. Just been sent back from hospital because only 2cm. Feel rubbish

because this is 3rd baby so I should know the signs. 2nd baby was so fast I had an ambulance and only just arrived in time so with two young DC to be looked after I thought it better to be prepared this time-now I feel Stupid for jumping the gun and thinking I had contractions when it's just the thinning, and they're painful now, what will I be like in active labour. I was really positive about my 2nd labour but now feel really negative about getting through this one, don't want anymore false starts and worried how I will cope with the pain further along. I've been up since midnight and can't sleep because the 'contractions' are every few minutes and waking me up. I feel knackered before I start. My DH is asleep cos I need him to be fit to help me later so feel alone and stupid and worried

bakingcupcakes Mon 08-May-17 07:55:25

Try and get away from the negativity. Not sure how you're meant to do that but distraction is always good! If you've done it twice already you're more than capable of doing it again. There's no need to feel stupid going early. Loads of women do it because no labour is exactly the same. Just think you'll have a beautiful newborn soon and it'll all be worth it.

flowers for you.

Marzipanmodelling Mon 08-May-17 09:42:54

Thank you x having one hour's sleep last night and knowing I've got a busy day ahead of me probably didn't help at 6am! Just walking and distracting myself now smile

McBaby Mon 08-May-17 09:49:38

Good luck. And there is nothing wrong with getting checked out at the hospital after a previous fast labour. I have been advised to attend the hospital as soon as I have a contraction as dd2s labour was under 45 minutes. It's my due date today so wondering how many false starts there may be coming up!

mistermagpie Mon 08-May-17 11:57:26

Don't feel bad about getting checked after a previous fast labour. I did exactly the same with DS2 after I had a precipitous labour with DS1. With DS2 they kept saying I was only 3cm and not in labour but I had to wait to see a Dr because me and the baby had low heart rates. While I was waiting I went into labour properly and had another fast birth! Anything can happen.

Stay positive, based on last time when you do properly go it will be fast. Get walking and get on the birthing ball. Although my initial 'tightenings' (they refused to call them contractions!) were painful my actual labour was really good and far less painful than my previous one. So try not to worry.

Marzipanmodelling Tue 09-May-17 10:13:25

Thank you, took 9 hours to move from 2 to 4cm but then he arrived an hour and a half later so I'm glad I came back in at 4cm because I knew things would move fast. It was a good birth with supportive midwives and only had a first degree tear (my biggest concern after fast unsupported birth last time and bad tear) so am really happy it all worked out. Thank you for your replies and good luck mcBaby

bakingcupcakes Fri 12-May-17 14:06:34

Congratulations! I'm glad you're both doing ok. smile

Heirhelp Fri 12-May-17 14:09:00

Well done. Thinning is caused by contractions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now