Talk

Advanced search

Trapped wind after c-section....

(17 Posts)
SarahOoo Wed 03-May-17 21:50:32

I've had the most painful trapped wind in my stomach since my c section 3 weeks ago. I've read online that this is common and that peppermint tea can help. The first time it happened it was almost as bad as my contractions!

Any tips on exercises or movements to help dislodge it?

Unihorn Wed 03-May-17 21:55:10

I'm 5 months postpartum and still suffering with it. I take Rennie's like sweets these days, about 4 at a time if it's particularly bad. Some days I think it's worse than labour!

daisygirlmac Wed 03-May-17 21:58:22

Rennie deflatine! I wouldn't overdo a load of moving at 3 weeks post section but walking can help. See if your DH can burp you as well like you do the baby, rub your back in firm circles it might help dislodge some of it

kirschtorte Wed 03-May-17 21:58:45

Peppermint tea helped me but then found out it apparently reduces your milk supply! Although mine was fine...only had a couple a day but it did help. And peppermint cordial. Feel for you, the trapped wind was the worst :-(

KP86 Wed 03-May-17 22:02:42

I was fortunate that it only lasted 7-10 days but it was awful - just like contractions.

I actually put it down to afterbirth pains at the time, but I think it was a combination of both gas and uterus contracting.

summerisleair Wed 03-May-17 22:04:17

It's awful, I sympathise.

Try lying flat on your front on a hard surface. This can trump out the worst of it,

WellTidy Wed 03-May-17 22:06:29

You want peppermint oil. There isn't enough peppermint in peppermint tea to help, ime. I took the peppermint oil after each of my Emcs and it really helped.

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Wed 03-May-17 22:07:41

Try getting down on your hands and knees and rocking forwards and back. Also try a bath. The pain is horrible. I hope it moves soon for you.
7months on and I still have the very loud and frequent farts which I never had pre section. Am I the only one?

Unicorn81 Wed 03-May-17 22:11:51

Deflatine or buscopan will help

SarahOoo Fri 05-May-17 20:36:44

Thank you everyone! Will try the Deflatine and the tea!

SumAndSubstance Sat 06-May-17 10:59:39

Are you constipated as well? I had this and lactulose helped get rid of both...

neonrainbow Sat 06-May-17 11:05:41

Sit on the toilet and put your feet up on something and rock back and forward.

TynesideBlonde Sat 06-May-17 11:11:16

Peppermint oil - its magic!

sweetchilli77 Thu 11-May-17 20:25:59

This is so weird!!!, I'm 3 weeks nearly 4 post CSec, and last week i had horrendous trapped wind. I thought it was a heart attack. I eventually put it down to being prescribed brufen and just thought it was irritation to my stomach.
Glad i saw this now smile

SarahOoo Thu 11-May-17 20:48:41

So glad you did sweetchilli77! Funnily enough I got my husband to call 111 one night as I didn't realise what it was and it was AGONY! The nurse I spoke to called an ambulance (although I did her it was a severe version of pain you get when you eat too much!). It went down after 40 mins so called back and cancelled it. I'm now mocked by my family for having an ambulance called for trapped wind 😂😂

haveacupoftea Sat 13-May-17 12:48:58

You lie on your left side with your right leg pulled up towards your chest. This really really helps

SarahOoo Sat 13-May-17 13:01:59

Thank you! deflatine has been pretty good but all these positions will be tried too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now