Talk

Advanced search

Arrowe Park Hospital - C Section

(4 Posts)
Rayraybt2006 Wed 26-Apr-17 18:43:01

Hi all

I'm having my second child later this by c-section in Arrowe Park hospital Wirral and wondering what their policy on own room is after?
I had a really bad experience with an open ward with DD after her birth and I am looking for a private room now but I am worried having a section again will mean I have to be in an open bay ward.

Does anyone have any info? I know I can ask at my next app but I'm a little impatient lol

Thanks

emsyj37 Wed 26-Apr-17 20:40:30

I had a section at AP. There is a recovery area which is open bays - I was there until I woke up (crash section under General) then moved to my room. If you go on the hospital tour they should be able to tell you how long they keep you in recovery for. I dont think it is long, and there was only one other person on there when I was. It is only for post-operative recovery so pretty quiet. Hope that helps a bit?

emsyj37 Wed 26-Apr-17 20:41:35

I assume you know that AP is all private rooms on post natal now by the way!

Rayraybt2006 Thu 27-Apr-17 11:29:59

Thank you both for your replies. I know the rooms in arrowe park are all private but was unsure if having a section would affect it. Glad to hear I'll only be in the recovery bay for a short period of time and yes, a tour sounds like a great idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now