Talk

Advanced search

Boots tens machine

(9 Posts)
Bluebellwoods123 Fri 21-Apr-17 21:23:22

I'm thinking of buying this maternity tens machine www.boots.com/boots-tens-maternity-unit-10185535
I can't find any reviews for it, has anyone used it for labour and was it any good. Thank you.

annlee3817 Fri 21-Apr-17 21:54:26

Just to pre warn you, you will be buying a voucher for the machine, which gets sent with a dvd. You then used the voucher to rent the machine online, so not as straightforward. I didn't end up using it in the end and had to post it back, which was a pain post birth. I'd recommend buying one second hand and selling it on.

norbert23 Fri 21-Apr-17 21:59:33

I rented one from boots, I think it was pretty good for the initial pain but after a point it doesn't really mask anything. I'd get one again though smile

user1471543817 Sat 22-Apr-17 08:13:39

I bought this in store on a last minute whim. Yes you can get them cheaper online or second hand or rent them. I found it was an amazing bit of kit. I was induced, midwife helped to put this on me in the early hours as the contractions got underway and it helped get me 10cm with baby being back to back. Ended up needing the drip and still had this on. It was only taken off at the very end as I had to go into theatre for a spinal and forceps. Those moments between it being taken off and having the spinal (bearing in mind I was on fill whack drip by then) were pretty bad. Made me realise just how much the machine was helping me with. For me, as a last minute purchase, it was £40 very well spent.

sherbertlemon17 Sat 22-Apr-17 09:34:19

I rented my from Boots and will be definitely doing it again this time!

BearGryllsHasaBigRope Sat 22-Apr-17 11:43:55

I rented from boots and absolutely loved it. It was all I used until pushing. Can't recommend it highly enough.

McBaby Sat 22-Apr-17 18:43:21

I bought one from amazon which was cheaper. But I have used it for two births and just about to use for a 3rd. It has also been passed around numerous friends so defiantly worth it over renting one.

Bluebellwoods123 Sat 22-Apr-17 20:17:47

Thank you all for replying. I am hoping to use on for the early stages at home before hospital and will have look in the big boots store, rather than buy online next time I go to the big shops (I live in a very rural area).

Igottastartthinkingbee Sat 22-Apr-17 20:18:57

I rented one, definitely worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now