Talk

Advanced search

37 weeks baby feels absolutely huge (tall lady)

(8 Posts)
user1483705947 Mon 17-Apr-17 19:30:32

2nd child due in 3 weeks. I feel like the baby is huge and I absolutely do not recall feeling this way and this fed up during my last pregnancy. I am a tall woman, 5'9 so I guess I have a longer body? However the baby seems to be directly under my breasts i.e immediately under my stomach and then all the way down to cervix area. My bump is absolutely solid as a rock from the top of my stomach, all the way around and to the bottom, is this normal? Is this all baby?

The baby's bum sticks out right up to my ribs, almost touching my breasts it seems, the baby must be HUGE right? I get this on a smaller lady whose body is shorter, but I thought I would have a bit more space for baby?

My last pregnancy I ate so well, I barely drank fizzy drinks as to avoid sugar, was so good with take outs etc and had like 1 per month, she salad and veg, drank mainly water and my baby was 8 pound 6 oz. so this time I have thought why should I bother being so careful and while I do eat nutritiously, I have definitely indulged in cakes, chocolate and junk. I cannot control myself, I think having severe sickness until 20 weeks didn't help. Now I'm so worried this baby is going tonne gigantic. I feel I can't fully let myself enjoy my pregnancy and indulge in naughty foods like people say you should just go for because everything I eat I think this will add more weight to the baby, but I can't help it.

CaipirinhasAllRound Mon 17-Apr-17 20:36:13

I feel like that at 31 weeks, I have no idea how I'm meant to grow more over the next 9 weeks!

user1483705947 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:47:14

Are you quite tall? Just trying to compare to others!

CaipirinhasAllRound Mon 17-Apr-17 20:50:02

Nope, around 5'5.
Ds was 8lb13

happy2bhomely Mon 17-Apr-17 20:52:21

I don't think you can tell really.

I am 5ft 9 too. With my fourth, I only measured 37 weeks at term. I had lots of room left at the top if you know what I mean. Baby wasn't under my ribs. I could feel his thigh through my skin though and it was chunky but midwife checked me when she arrived for my home birth and she guessed that he would weigh around 8 pounds.

He arrived 6 hours later weighing 11 pounds!

With dc2 I felt ready to burst. High, solid bump. Could hardly breathe at the end, but she 'only' weighed 9lbs 7.

Try not to worry. Labour with my 11lb baby was not much worse than labour with my 7lb baby. The pushing was just a bit (lot) harder but perfectly do able.

SprogletsMum Tue 18-Apr-17 18:41:28

I'm 5ft10 and my baby was all the way from my cervix curled over to one side then across to the other side at the top and right up to my boobs. I was convinced he was huge. My 3rd was 9lb and he felt much bigger than her. He was born last week 6lb14 so teeny tiny. Your baby might surprise you!

HiDBandSIL Thu 20-Apr-17 19:48:00

Are you measuring ahead?

I am 5'9" and my first child was 9lb 2oz and the second 10lb 8oz. With the second I was measuring something like 3 week some ahead although amusingly I had a scan at about 38 weeks that said he would be about 8lb smile

HiDBandSIL Thu 20-Apr-17 19:48:44

And congratulations sprogletsmum!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now