Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hospitals near Aylesbury for labour

(4 Posts)
adorkableme Sat 08-Apr-17 21:11:33

Had a horrible experience at Stoke Mandeville under consultant care, apprehensive over going back for my 2nd. I was coerced into an induction, it failed, OH & I were treated rudely & ended in an emer c-sec. Found out after having a debrief I didn't need to be induced in the first place. I'm hoping to be under midwife care since they were very nice during my visits & postnatal before I was placed in cons care. If that is not an option this time around I want to be able to go to another hospital. I'm hoping for a vbac because a c-sec was the last thing I ever wanted and I reiterated this constantly in my last preg, & with a 2yo & no family around it would make things difficult. Does anyone have any positive vbac experiences in a hospital near Aylesbury after a failed induction?

SockQueen Sat 08-Apr-17 23:17:18

Oxford would be the obvious place, IMO. As a VBAC I would expect you will need at least some consultant contact, but it doesn't have to be loads.

I delivered at MK, which is not too far from Aylesbury, and it was fine, but don't know what they're like for VBACs.

SockQueen Sat 08-Apr-17 23:20:34

Should add, however, that there are no guarantees that wherever you go that you might not need a second C-section, no matter how much you don't want one. But hopefully you can find somewhere you feel more comfortable!

adorkableme Sun 09-Apr-17 10:23:05

Thanks Sock Queen. I hope I do too. I still have pain from the last one so I'm hoping for a successful vbac. I 'm just hoping for people that will actually listen and not assume they know more about my body than I do or treat me as if I'm being difficult for asking questions and expecting straight answers about my care and not just stats. If there is an absolute necessity for a c-section I 'm okay with it. We just don't want to be in the position we were in last time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now