Talk

Advanced search

AIBU Should i change hospitals?

(8 Posts)
Heyitsholly Thu 06-Apr-17 09:42:24

I am high risk due to renal and thyroid problems and im over weight. Ive moved since my last pregnancy and now im at North manchester hospital (which does not have a good reputation) . I was booked to see renal last week. 2 hour delay and the consultant walked out without seeing me. Today im sat waiting for my thyroid. They are already half an hour late and the doctor hasnt turned up.
AIBU to ask to change? Only 15 weeks and loosing confidence already

purplecoathanger Thu 06-Apr-17 09:44:53

You have to have confidence in who is looking after you. Do some research and make a decision based on that. Don't act too hastily, as you need to be sure you're making the right decision.

superram Thu 06-Apr-17 09:47:20

Maternity services are really busy so expect to wait a long time, wherever you go. Leaving was not great but you don't know why, I don't think time keeping reflects quality of care.

DirtyDancing Thu 06-Apr-17 22:28:12

I don't agree this is something you should just accept. Not at all. It's is unacceptable that you waited 2 hours and was not seen. I would complain to PALS at the hospital (look on their website)

I am under a consultant at a London hospital for my thyroid and have had an excellent service- seen every 4-6 weeks and well monitored. Admittedly, I have waited for 30 minutes on one app, and 40 on another, but generally seen on time.

PossumInAPearTree Thu 06-Apr-17 22:30:20

So were you not seen at all last week or did the reg see you? Consultant probably had an afternoon list (surgery) which he can't delay....it's not unusual for them to leave if morning clinic is over running and leave the Reg to finish clinic.

MaryPoppinsPenguins Thu 06-Apr-17 22:32:33

Why did they walk out? I had gestational diabetes in my first pregnancy and once waited an hour to see the nurse in my 'good' hospital... you need to feel happy with your care, but im not sure waiting is really that big an issue these days!

SlB09 Thu 06-Apr-17 22:37:03

What is your midwife like and have you visited the maternity unit? Also have you met your obstetrician? These will give you a better idea oof your maternity care overall, outpatient clinics really arent the best place to judge, the clinicians are being pulled in every direction and often have to squeeze in emergencies but would expect them to inform you of any wait over 30-40 minutes. Certainly not ideal but not unusual. Check out other units if any are available to you if your not happy though x

Heyitsholly Fri 07-Apr-17 10:16:50

The consultant had another clinic to go to so just walked out. The midwife said it was being raised as a clinical issue so it is being looked into.
Yesterday i was seen 1.5 hours late seen for 5 minutes and advised to increase medication without him looking at a blood test so still not very impressed.
Ive only seen the midwife once. She canclled the appointment three times before she completed the booking app.
St marys is my other option which is where i had my last and is the specilaist birrh centre in manchester.
Still really unsure which way to go.
Think i will discuss it with midwife on next appointment in a few weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now