Talk

Advanced search

Princess Royal Telford consultant ward

(4 Posts)
user1491320660 Tue 04-Apr-17 17:03:08

Hi all,

I am due to have an elective c-section on the consultant ward at the Princess Royal Telford next week. Can anyone share their experiences of the ward and their postnatal care? Are the doctors and midwives supportive? Are you pressurised to breastfeed? Are your decisions respected? Thanks in advance A x

randomsabreuse Tue 04-Apr-17 17:06:42

They were fine. I wanted to BF and it was going ok so they left me to it. Helpful with middle of the night feeds. Nice and modern but glad to get home after. Bring food. Dinner is early and breakfast is late 6pm to 8.30am is a very long time.

mrsb87 Tue 04-Apr-17 18:52:32

I had an emergency section there, my little boy was in NICU for a week. I was so well looked after, I really couldn't praise them enough. I wanted to breastfeed so was up and down feeding. Food wasn't awful either. 👍

randomsabreuse Tue 04-Apr-17 21:16:11

Actually the food was nice enough, and they were very helpful but missed dinner as got to ward at 6.30pm and breakfast was not served until right at the end of the published window so my primary memory is of being ravenous and wanting something savoury that wasn't crisps.

Was very quiet on a Sunday - definitely plenty of staff too. DH was allowed to stay until 9.30 or so then back after breakfast, other visitors more limited but enough time. The offer of being transferred to local MLU after a day or so was available but I preferred home.

Couldn't be happier with the delivery staff - mws were great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now