Talk

Advanced search

C-Section planned

(7 Posts)
user1490210924 Sun 26-Mar-17 19:46:44

I'm booked in for a section on Wednesday wasn't what I really wanted originally however my doctor has said the chances of me experiencing similar problems as my first birth is likely. I've warmed to a section now after talking to some lovely people in the last few weeks about their experiences and I'm happier now. So we decided not to tell people till I've had my baby but today my mum was over with me and started questioning how I was going to give birth was I going to have a section. I told her they hadn't mentioned me having a section and then she starts going on your better off not having one and been really negative about it saying baby will come when it comes. Whereas I felt 100 % confident yesterday I feel a bit down now about it. Bit of a pointless post but just needed a vent

kathrynelizabeth3005 Sun 26-Mar-17 20:32:20

Sorry your mum is being so negative. Hopefully venting has made you feel a little better?

Ultimately the most important thing is the health of you and your baby and if trained medical professionals have advised for a section, no disrespect but what does your mum know?! She is hardly in a place to offer medical advice.

If you feel comfortable with the doctors choice, which it sounds like you are, who cares what your mum says! I'm sure she would rather you are safe and her grandchild arrives safely too. I'm a bit of a sarcastic blunt person so my response if my mum had been saying that sort of thing would be to ask where her medical degree came from!

I've never had a planned section but my mum did in the 90s and she said it was so calm and chilled. Rather strange to describe birth like that but the doctors will know what they're doing so you are in the best hands.

Good luck on Wednesday!!

DartmoorDoughnut Sun 26-Mar-17 20:34:20

Your mum was probably just trying to reassure you about it all and if she didn't know about the section how can she support you? I've had EMCS and a planned and tbh they were both absolutely fine, good luck!

DuggeeHugs Sun 26-Mar-17 22:32:04

I don't know what it is about childbirth that makes everyone feel they can share their opinion without being asked first. Doubly so when you consider that it's something which you can't control!

Vent away - you've made a choice which you feel is best for you and baby. Just because your mum doesn't know what your choice is, turning up and trying to influence you when you're clearly very close to giving birth one way or the other is unhelpful, to say the least.

Enjoy your CS and welcoming your little one on Wednesday flowers

Sugarcoma Sun 26-Mar-17 23:43:21

I had an ELCS a couple of weeks ago also due to medical reasons. Listen to your doctor especially since most are keen NOT to offer them because it comes out of the NHS trust's surgical budget which is more expensive. I was/am a little worried by other people's opinions but the most important thing for me was a) to her baby out safely and b) to come out relatively unscathed myself and if an ELCS achieved that then it was absolutely the right thing for us.

phoolani Sun 26-Mar-17 23:48:59

ELCS is the safest option for the baby; the extra risks from the surgery are basically all yours. And agree with Sugar - doctors don't like to recommend a CS unless they really think it's necessary. All for the good of you and the baby.

Chosenbyyou Mon 27-Mar-17 10:12:56

Mums can be a pain!! I had a 'good' birth experience last time as far as I am concerned but my mum keeps saying to me....well you forget the pain, it never seems so bad after!

Well thanks mum very helpful lol! I am currently being changed between 'natural' and CS by the consultant due to placenta pravia - they haven't made up their mind yet what is for the best?! I could do with an answer either way to be honest!

Take care xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now