Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Delayed induction

(10 Posts)
GlassHearts Sat 25-Mar-17 19:29:34

I was due to be induced today and was told the unit would call anytime from 7am to let me know when to go in. It's 7:30pm no call. I've called and left a message on the answerphone at 5:30pm. When do they stop asking people to go in? I feel like a call to let me know that they aren't going to do it today would have been great as I feel all on edge and I've been sick with nerves most of the day.

This is my first pregnancy and I'm being induced due to low Papp-a and she may have stopped growing. I have horrendous PGP which I've had since I was 17 weeks and I would just like this all to be done now.

Feeling miserable as I have been looking forward to this date for 8 weeks!

HandbagFan Sat 25-Mar-17 19:34:02

I had to call my hospital at 7am and they then called me back when they had space at 10am... are you sure you were meant to wit all day for them? I'd be calling again now - but I think it's likely now you'll be waiting til tomorrow.

GlassHearts Sat 25-Mar-17 19:37:05

I spoke to midwife and she re-confirmed that they will call me when they have a bed free. I'm guessing they must be really busy with more urgent cases today.

GlassHearts Sat 25-Mar-17 19:38:31

Saw her at 36 weeks and asked then, wish I could have spoken to her today but she isn't available at weekends I don't think.

HappyGirl86 Sat 25-Mar-17 19:50:13

How frustrating! I had piriformis muscle problems from 16 weeks when I was pregnant so I can understand how you must be feeling. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get to go in tomorrow! I was induced at 40+5 and they brought me in the next day right on time so I was lucky.

daisygirlmac Sat 25-Mar-17 19:52:51

I went in at 10pm for induction! 24 hours after my waters broke so they induced due to infection risk.

RyanStartedTheFire Sat 25-Mar-17 20:32:26

I waited two days to be induced! They just had no staff to safely induce me. In the end it was only 4 hours so it wasn't too bad but I had to stay in hospital for the entire wait.

GlassHearts Sun 26-Mar-17 07:55:51

We've had the call! Off we go!!

Redyellowpinkblue Sun 26-Mar-17 07:56:56

Good luck!

Crashbangwhatausername Sun 26-Mar-17 08:05:50

Best of luck - hope things move quickly for you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: