Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

C section for spd

(6 Posts)
Vics100pink Fri 24-Mar-17 03:46:53

Hi I'm 34 weeks pregnant and have severe spd and I want a c section but doctors won't hearof it any ladies had one because of spd and how did you convince them

DirtyDancing Fri 24-Mar-17 21:10:08

As far as I know SPD isn't an accepted medical reason to have a c sec.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/x564622/how-will-having-spd-affect-my-labour

AreWeThereYet000 Sun 26-Mar-17 04:31:10

I had SPD and asked for section or induction due to the pain/fact I had to stop medication I was on for the pain 4 weeks before baby arrived and although you get EDD it's not guaranteed so I wanted a date to work with... I was refused.

Labour actually wasn't affected by it at all, pain relief for a labour and the fact you're in labour itself erases any SPD pains - I also used the birth pool which will have helped x

nursebickypegs Sun 26-Mar-17 04:48:20

You're entitled to a C-Section regardless, doctors can not refuse. See NICE guidelines. I have Perths Disease and SPD, and I am having a ECS.

Moomin37 Sun 26-Mar-17 04:56:14

I had bad PGP (crutches and eventually signed off work) and I'm afraid to say it made Labour much more painful (albeit I was only on gas and air) and I ended up having a forceps delivery. In short after each contraction / pushing I then experienced dreadful pain in my pelvis - rather like it was being twisted and crushed. It meant I just couldn't push baby out as the harder I pushed the more severe the 'after pain' as if were in my pelvis. Just my experience and all different. I wish you the best of luck.

FruitCider Sun 26-Mar-17 05:43:07

C section can actually make things worse for spd recovery because they have to mess around with your abdo muscles to get the baby out.

I was on crutches at 18 weeks, induced at 39 weeks due to being bed bound, still managed to give birth via induction.

Every woman has the right to request a section, but each case is based on its own merits and if there are long term risk factors which increase the usual risks I believe consultants can decline.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: