Talk

Advanced search

Am I close!!!????

(6 Posts)
Brussels1 Wed 22-Mar-17 12:30:19

Ok so I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and Monday at about 4 I started to feel really tired and just not right in my self, I felt sick and had a banging head, I went to bed at about 8 and I was just so uncomfortable with stomach cramps and nausea, I didn't get to sleep till one then woke up at 4 was pacing till about half 6 then finally got to sleep, then on Tuesday I again felt sick and had stomach cramps again and head aches but I also had really bad diarrhoea (sorry ha) so I thought labour was near, but today I feel fine no sickness no pains, nothing, I was really hoping it would be close. I honestly thought I was going into labour on Monday and Tuesday, has anyone else had this or know what could be going on? confused

Brussels1 Wed 22-Mar-17 12:43:11

Oh also prior to all this I had a show on the Sunday and been having discharge with brown blood in it sorry i know it's tmi but I'm just hoping labour is close!

cantmakeme Wed 22-Mar-17 14:13:54

Some people have a long, drawn out pre labour. Sounds like this is the case for you. Some say it makes your actual labour quicker and easier.

Brussels1 Wed 22-Mar-17 14:28:57

How long is long? This is my first baby so I have no idea what to expect, are we talking another day 2 days a week or is there just no way of telling

GemSingleton Wed 22-Mar-17 16:12:22

My midwife always told me if she could tell you she would be a very rich lady. You just can't judge how long or how close you are until labour actually kicks in. I hear you can get diarrhoea before labour starts as it's a way the body clears it's self out before labour starts. In the meantime just put your feet up get a nice hot tea and bath while you still can and just chill. Baby will soon be here x

Heirhelp Wed 22-Mar-17 16:16:59

Latent labour can be over a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now