Talk

Advanced search

Induction & Enema??

(4 Posts)
Toobloodytired Mon 20-Mar-17 16:20:08

Hey all, off to be induced on Saturday however I'm not really a fan of shitting myself having already tried it (experienced it) in the past!

Given my age & being completely abled, I'd like to give crapping myself during labour a miss!

Could I do an enema on Friday night just to clear everything out & then eat small amounts over the weekend to ensure I don't need to go??

Advice from midwives is hugely welcome!

MOIST Mon 20-Mar-17 16:24:08

You could. But then you are likely to have liquid poo in labour rather than nuggets. Nuggets are much easier to deal with.

And you will need to eat as much as you possibly can in the lead up to labour to give you energy.

If you have been constipated you could ask for a glycerine suppository that could shift the backlog once labour starts.

NerrSnerr Mon 20-Mar-17 16:32:14

Not sure your age or ability has much to do with it. I reckon an enema will give you more chance of having the shits and you'll be in a worse predicament. I would eat regularly too, I ended up nil by mouth for about 30 hours due to complications so wouldn't have liked to be already hungry to start with! Not everyone poos in labour so you might be lucky.

FirstSeemItThenBeIt Mon 20-Mar-17 16:34:03

Oh god, don't do that!

You most likely won't know if you do shit yourself. There will be a lot going on in the region...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now