Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Being induced today

(48 Posts)
Siobhaintori Sat 18-Mar-17 14:57:57

Can anyone give me successful stories on being induced? I'm due to get induced tonight at 38weeks because this baby boy is measuring small. I had a bad labour in 2012 with my daughter and after 14hours of labour with no pain relief I ended up PPH 😭 i really don't think I can do it all again 😣

drinkyourmilk Sat 18-Mar-17 18:52:25

Following.
I'm in first thing tomorrow for induction at 38+1 due to GD. Baby is also small.

Siobhaintori Sat 18-Mar-17 19:28:11

Have you had it done before? I'm in at 9pm tonight and dreading it 😭

ILikeSalmon Sat 18-Mar-17 19:28:14

I wasn't induced via breaking my waters. Contractions started within 2 hours and she was born 2 hours after that.
My friend was induced a few weeks ago and it took 24 hours using the pessary
Another friend it took 48 hours so it ended in a Caesarian

Don't worry about it. I'd rather be induced

Siobhaintori Sat 18-Mar-17 19:28:14

Have you had it done before? I'm in at 9pm tonight and dreading it 😭

ILikeSalmon Sat 18-Mar-17 19:28:52

WAS
not wasn't!!

Siobhaintori Sat 18-Mar-17 19:30:28

Did you have an epidural? I really hope I get 1 before they break my waters, I had back labour in my last pregnancy and it was that bad I past out with the pain in between pushing

Glossolalia Sat 18-Mar-17 19:30:31

I was induced via the pessary.

It was fine. A bit scratchy but fine.

MrsPringles Sat 18-Mar-17 19:31:07

Good luck OP!

Glossolalia Sat 18-Mar-17 19:31:20

You shouldn't need an epidural for them to break your waters. It's really not that painful. Honestly smile

Siobhaintori Sat 18-Mar-17 19:33:00

I'd prefer them to just knock me out 😂 how long did it take for you to be induced?

Glossolalia Sat 18-Mar-17 19:39:24

Was induced at about 9pm and I started having mild contractions at about 1am.

Siobhaintori Sat 18-Mar-17 19:41:10

What time was he/she born? I've visions of me being here for days before the pessary even works. It doesn't help that I'm 100miles away from home either 😐

Redyellowpinkblue Sat 18-Mar-17 19:44:12

I was induced at 38 weeks with dd1 and will be induced with dd2 shortly.
It was a really positive experience, long but positive. I had the pessary at midday, gentle contractions by 4pm. They continued overnight and my waters went on their own at 5am. Pain ramped up, had pethedine at 10am, was sick, had bath, was moved to labour ward and pain was quite intense so I was given gas and air then epidural. I slept then on and off for hours as progressed slowly, but by 9pm midwife said her heartrate was dropping on each contraction so she was monitored and they said if I didn't fully dilate by midnight id have c section. I fell asleep again and was woken at midnight to say I'd dilated and she was born naturally with just a few pushes. So in short, lengthy process and lots of sleeping once I'd had the epi but it was fine, I'm not nervous about doing it again in a few weeks!
Good luck!

Glossolalia Sat 18-Mar-17 19:44:47

4:30pm the next day smile

Glossolalia Sat 18-Mar-17 19:45:17

As in I was induced at 9pm and DD was born at 4:30pm the next day

HarryOHay Sat 18-Mar-17 19:57:24

I was inducted at 38 weeks for DC2.

Pessary at 10pm, did nothing. Pessary at 6am, no noticeable effects except that I was 2cm so waters could be broken.

DD arrived 1h40m later!

Good luck! Xx

drinkyourmilk Sun 19-Mar-17 12:57:23

How's it going Siobhaintori?
Pessary in at 11am, so now it's a waiting game.
Apparently cervix was still high and firm- so I could be here a while!

Siobhaintori Sun 19-Mar-17 13:28:55

Drinkyourmilk

They couldn't induce me last night because the baby unit is full incase he needs special care because he's small 😠 it's a joke, I've came 100miles to be induced because he isn't growing as much as they would like and now they can't take him out because they haven't got a place for him IF he needs care

Losgunna Sun 19-Mar-17 13:39:35

Sorry to hear that op, the waiting is the worst bit!

I was induced with ds due to pre eclampsia with a pessary that only produced mild contractions. They put me on the drip but I asked if I could have an epidural first. They said yes so got that first before the pain got bad, got the drip and was apparently having very strong contractions that I didn't feel because I was asleep as I wasn't in any pain.

The last bit hurt, they had to turn the epi off so I could push and turn ds which wasn't pleasant but he was born 26 hours after first pessary with both of us (relatively) unscathed apart from a second degree tear and a nasty scab where they had to put a scalp clip because they couldn't keep a trace of his heart on the external monitor.

Not nearly as traumatic as I was anticipating.

Post natal ward was bloody appalling though, couldn't wait to get home

Toobloodytired Sun 19-Mar-17 13:41:20

Following too.

I'm going in on Saturday morning to be induced due to OC, so I'm intrigued to know how it goes for you!

Good luck op!

Allthebestnamesareused Sun 19-Mar-17 13:54:44

Hi I was induced at 37 weeks with ds2 to keep him small after forceps/doible episiotomy with ds1. Induced Saturday midday but contractions stopped around 2am. Then they has a busy Sunday but took me to a delivery suite at 8pm broke my waters DS2 arrived Monday at 7am. Just gas and air and no stitches. A really lovely experience especially as birth 1 was so traumatic. Hope it all goes well x

Siobhaintori Sun 19-Mar-17 15:53:52

Thanks for everyone's replies 😙

First pessery is in 😑 finally. She said I'm not that favourable but the second one should work so that will be at 10pm tonight so hopefully he will be born the early hours 😊

drinkyourmilk Sun 19-Mar-17 16:37:17

Hurrah for getting good on your way!
Nothing happening here except braxton hicks.
I've got the 24 hour pessary in- so have to wait until 11am tomorrow for my next.

Siobhaintori Sun 19-Mar-17 17:07:39

Yeah I'll get another at 10pm then I'd nothing this time tomorrow. Did they say how your cervix was?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now