Labour symptoms?

(6 Posts)
user1487776842 Wed 15-Mar-17 10:51:51

I'm 38+3 today but since yesterday I just don't feel right? ... Still have some kind of appetite but the nausea is awful and I've been constantly tired... I've read online that this could mean labour is on the way? Anyone had anything similar in past or current pregnancy's? I've also been going to the toilet more frequently, usually one or twice a week is pretty normal but I've been needing to go daily for the past week? Sorry tmihaloflowersthanks!

RedCrab Wed 15-Mar-17 11:11:44

This could be a sign. Before DC2 I definitely had the cleaning out "bug" but it only lasted 24 hours. I gave birth about four days later.

37+5 with DC3 and I've felt dreadful for a couple of weeks now. Lots like you describe, lots of period pains, being randomly sick, lots of feeling like I need a poo constantly. And a really bad stomach. Have finally deduced that I must have a viral stomach bug because I truly did feel dreadful - Sunday I was convinced I was going into labour. I've perked up a bit since and the bad stomach ache is gradually going.

So in conclusion - who knows! I'm sorry OP confused I'm as confused as you and this is my third child! Your body might be gearing up, you might have a bug, or it might be both like I think it is with me. I guess nothing's as clear cut as waters going or contractions starting.

user1487776842 Wed 15-Mar-17 11:54:12

This is my third to but I was fine right up until labour with my other 2 which is why I'm so confused. I was woken up at 11pm last night with awful stomach pains but nothing came of it, passed after about an hour... I just feel really blehh, no word to describe it just don't feel quite right! Really hope it's the start of something and not a bug! That's the last thing I want this close to DD!sad

drinkyourmilk Wed 15-Mar-17 11:56:45

I'm 37+4 and yesterday I was unbelievably Ill. Constantly going to the loo, and didn't even hold water down. I've had cramps for a couple of days, and lost some plug a few days ago.
This morning - nothing. Gah.

user1487776842 Wed 15-Mar-17 12:01:53

Oh no! :/ that's no good hopefully it's not much longer for you! Trying my best to stay positive!grin

musicmomma Mon 20-Mar-17 13:15:58

Hiya. Just joining in this thread of misery. 37+3 here and have had (on and off) nausea, painful Braxton hicks, looser movements, agony when baby moves, but then hours in between of nothing. This is my first so am tempted to ring the midwife but what should I say? I don't think anything is happening yet... What to do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now