6 weeks after csection and it's smelly

(11 Posts)
Honeybeez1986 Sun 12-Mar-17 08:29:32

Had csection 6 weeks ago, the scar had been getting more sore over the past few days, I rolled my hand over it and it really smelt and felt a little damp, I don't really have a huge overhang. Could it be infected??

GirlElephant Sun 12-Mar-17 08:58:18

It sounds like it could be an infection. I would get an emergency GP app't tomorrow and try to take it easy on lifting etc today.

BeeFarseer Sun 12-Mar-17 09:03:42

It could be, especially a fungal infection. Don't worry, they're really common. Even if you don't have an overhang, it's an area that's nearly always covered up and it will get more sweaty than other bits, so it's prone to them.

I've had problems healing mine and I recommend this to everyone - Dermol 600 antibacterial bath emollient. My nurses told me to wash normally, then use this neat over the scar and rinse off. It helps to keep it supple. I haven't had a fungal infection since I started using it.

BeeFarseer Sun 12-Mar-17 09:04:45

Sorry if that wasn't clear - absolutely see your GP to get it treated properly, then use the Dermol as an ongoing thing. It's not a treatment for infection.

Honeybeez1986 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:57:53

Thankyou for your replies, I will phone the gp for an appointment tomorrow I think 😀

GirlElephant Mon 13-Mar-17 20:26:46

Did you manage to get a GP app't? Hope all is ok

Honeybeez1986 Tue 14-Mar-17 08:39:49

I saw the nurse yesterday and said it's very sore from one side and moist which means there has been leakage 😩 She's sent swabs off to find out which type of antibiotic I will need. I have a two year old the size of 3/4 year old.. she said it to lift him in and out of the car, cot, bathtub etc but i just don't know how else i can manage as husband is away with work now for 10 days..

GirlElephant Tue 14-Mar-17 11:32:40

Glad you got an app't but sorry to hear it a leakage & likely to be an infection.

Is there anyone else that can help you or can you plan your time to minimise lifting your DC?

BeeFarseer Tue 14-Mar-17 19:30:49

Oh, that's rubbish. Hopefully the swab will come back soon and you can get started on treating it.

As for the lifting, I always do an inward eyeroll at 'Don't lift anything heavy' when you've got children. Er, how?

I would cut baths right down, to every three days or so, or reserved for smelly incidents. There's nothing wrong with a strip wash for your two year old -fill the sink and make it a game.

Ilovewillow Tue 14-Mar-17 19:44:57

Sorry you're suffering! My son is very tall and older now but would a step stool help. He could walked up the steps and step into the bath if you hold his hand. Car seat I lifted by son onto the floor of the car and he then climbed into the car seat. Cot no idea I'm afraid unless you can lower the side right down to minimise the lift. I have not had a CS so I don't know if this type of lifting would be useful but I do have a very heavy 3 yr old. Hope it's better soon!

wonderwoof Tue 14-Mar-17 19:55:59

When DD2 was born it was a planned section so I had trained my two year old. She can climb into her car seat. At first I used to stand behind her but didn't take long to get the hand of it. Also hold her hands and she put her foot up onto the side of the bath. Then I would just help her jump down.

At least then you aren't doing all the heavy lifting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now