Talk

Advanced search

Clary sage oil?

(5 Posts)
user1487776842 Sun 05-Mar-17 15:09:50

So I'm officially 37 weeks today! gringin OH works away and is only home every other weekend.... He left this morning so will be back now until the 17th, unless I go into labour before then...Anyway, I've read a lot of successful stories about clary sage oil if used correctly can help induce labour? Hoping I can do it when he's home on the 17th il be 39 weeks smile anyone have any words of wisdom about it? Positives and negatives would be great smile thanks!

Boomies Mon 06-Mar-17 01:25:00

A friend swore by it so I was inhaling it and massaging it into my bump along with every doing everyone one of the wives tales credited with inducing labour but ultimately baby arrived 11 days late despite by best efforts! There is no harm in trying and you never know but try not to get too stressed about making it happen! Good luck!

AreWeThereYet000 Wed 08-Mar-17 16:37:09

I bathed in it with my first at 39+3 at 8pm, started with contractions at 11pm.... bathed in it daily from just over 38 weeks with my 2nd and had her at 40+4. I think if you are ready for labour to start then it may help kickstart it, but as annoying as it is to hear the baby with come when they are ready, after my last I now believe nothing with make the baby come unless the baby wants to come... I tried everything along with the clary sage - I walked 4 miles every other day, ate enough pineapple and curry to last a lifetime etc xx

AreWeThereYet000 Wed 08-Mar-17 16:37:56

Will not with x

needtoloseastone Sat 11-Mar-17 07:56:40

Once contractions start it helps keep them going in my case. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now