Talk

Advanced search

Not hopeful for a successful induction - when would you request a planned cs to avoid an emcs

(3 Posts)
Floozie66 Wed 01-Mar-17 15:28:56

Currently in hospital 1st pessary not doing anything . Awaiting 2nd pessary . Following the drip - have heard that a lot of women opt for epidural with drip due to painful contractions - baby also back to back have previously had two op babies and back labour only which in 2nd baby relentless pain and had the epidural which ended up ventouse / almost emcs. Am keen to avoid going through all this and end up having an emcs - would much prefer to consider planned cs if nothing is progressing - and avoid the drip - previously have been 40 + 14 and 40 + 11 . Am age 46 which is why i am being induced at 40 weeks . Any advice from mums who have been through failed / long drawn out inductions or midwives?

Grandmasterglitch Wed 01-Mar-17 15:51:45

Not sure if this will be helpful but I went in to be induced on a Monday morning. I has pessaries etc and by Wednesday morning absolutely nothing had happened. My anxiety was through the roof so I requested a c section which a number of midwives told me was a bad idea etc. I let them give me a drip and break my waters at lunchtime. By 4pm I had an epidural as the pain came out of nowhere! I gave birth to DS at 22:30 naturally without forceps etc. Glad I didn't get the c section as next day went home first thing and didn't need any recovery. Good luck with your birth.

needtoloseastone Wed 01-Mar-17 16:04:31

i also ended up on a drip with baby no 4, as pessary did nothing. I stupidly didn't take the epidural and wish I had. Literally 5 mins after the drip went in I was in agony baby was born an hour later but it was just too quick and I had no build up. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now