Talk

Advanced search

Lindo Wing St Mary's Consultant Recommendation

(6 Posts)
Rufus200 Thu 23-Feb-17 21:33:06

Can anyone recommend a female Consultant at the Lindo Wing St Mary's?

I have a lovely female Dr at the Portland but won't go back after DS was born there. The care I received was really poor from the nurses and my Dr only works there.

Slummymummy2017 Sat 25-Feb-17 11:30:56

I can recommend my consultant, Tariq Miskry. He was fantastic as were all the nursing staff. Obviously not a woman though.

Noctilucent Sat 25-Feb-17 11:35:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Catsarefluffy Sat 25-Feb-17 20:36:59

A wee bit of a derail but a good friend of mine is thinking about a portland birth and I was wondering why you didn't like it?

Rufus200 Sun 26-Feb-17 12:30:49

cats We didn't get a cot for DS for 7hr after he was born. DH had to hold him the whole time. We complained every hour. It took my mum standing at the main desk and shouting the ward down that she was going to John Lewis to buy a Moses basket for one to appear.
You have to share one nurse between 4 new mums, which means when you are in despair need of help if they are in with another mum no one comes to help you. I got really ill with complications on my 2nd day and the on call Dr said I just had trapped wind and wouldn't listen to me. He came to apologise to me the next morning, after spending most of the night looking after me projectile vomiting, for not listening to me. I wouldn't recommend the Portland to anyone. The standard rooms only have baths with showers over them. When you have a CS and can barely lift your legs up it is horrible to try and have a shower. The rooms need updating.

Noctilucent Mon 27-Feb-17 12:04:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now